Senior Financial Crime Analyst 1st Line, remote working and office meetings but can be near London, Birmingham, Essex, Bristol, South London, Surrey, Glasgow, or Manchester. FTC or permanant.
Senior Financial Crime Analyst 1st Line, remote working and office meetings but can be near London, Birmingham, Essex, Bristol, South London, Surrey, Glasgow, or Manchester.
The Financial Crime team provides anti-money laundering (AML) and wider anti-financial crime (including fraud, market abuse and bribery & corruption) advice to the Bank you will need:
- Proven financial crime experience gained within a financial services environment (5 years).
- Successful track record of achievement with financial crime related responsibilities.
- Good product and sector knowledge of the broad financial services regulatory regime.
- Strong operational experience within a business/wholesale banking environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with seniority of all levels in a professional and technical manner
Opportunity to support the Bank in the prevention, detection and investigation of financial crime. Provide guidance, and input to businesses on AML and KYC matters, management practices and standards.
- Support all areas of Business through conducting reviews of customers with varying degrees of complexity including completing checks, investigations and writing recommendations
- Support the 2nd line financial crime team in the risk framework and policy implementation. This includes providing feedback on processes and procedures and may include involvement in project activities
- Training the units to better understand financial crime risk and provide assistance promptly where there is time critical delivery;
- Undertake AML and KYC analysis in line with processes, completion of ID and V checks, screening and investigation where necessary to create the overall customer risk rating. EDD checks for high risk customers/business as well as for PEPs. Escalate cases for approval where necessary supported with a clear recommendation and justification. This also includes completion of trigger event and periodic reviews.
- Support best practice in AML and KYC compliance across the Business through training and oversight of QA outcomes to ensure recommendations are implemented appropriately.
- Ensure Divisional AML procedures are maintained and ensure that they are kept up to date and meet Group Policy.
- Support the delivery of the operational risk framework through regular review of key controls and compliance with financial crime policies, to ensure business areas, operate within risk appetite.
- Review of all financial crime related transaction monitoring reports and investigate any irregularities, formulating any internal or external reports as necessary.
- Investigate Suspicious Activity Reports and where applicable make an external disclosure to the relevant law enforcement agency such as the National Crime Agency and 2nd line team.
- Represent Financial Crime Team in project and change forums, ensuring Financial Crime risks are considered and appropriate representation/challenge is provided.
- Hold an appropriate professional qualification (ideally an ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention and/or Anti Money Laundering).
- Degree desirable in STEM, Law and/or Business
- Knowledge and experience in using financial crime industry software solutions
- Knowledge of JMLSG, Financial Crime FCA Handbook and key legislation such as Money Laundering Regulations, POCA and Bribery Act.
Able to commute to office base; willingness to visit other locations as required.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.