Senior Financial Analyst
DESCRIPTION Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Financial Analysts work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don't add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
Job Responsibilities include:
-Business partner with key stakeholders to improve performance of the EU Prime Now and Fresh businesses through developing and providing robust financial analysis and insight.
- Ensure the financial control and manage month end close process of Prime Now and Fresh
- Support the planning processes and own the planning models for EU Prime Now and Fresh
- Drive financial support on operational projects to drive improvements.
- Proven expertise evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your finance and business partners - you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the teams how decisions affect efficiency, scalability, costs and create new mechanisms as they are needed
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity & provide level-headed guidance during unexpected events
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
• Strong technical background including Excel, Cognos, SQL, Essbase, and Oracle
• Fluent in English
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
• Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
• Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
• Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
• Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities