- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 18
Senior Financial Analyst
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Senior Financial Analyst role within MA FP&A, based in London, is primarily responsible for providing sales, revenue and expense support to the Bureau Van Dijk (BvD) business globally. BvD, a global provider of business intelligence and company information, was acquired by Moody's Corporation in August 2017 for €3.0bn. BvD is the largest acquisition ever made by Moody's Corporation and its integration into MA operations is ongoing. The successful candidate will be highly analytical with solid financial background, possess relevant management reporting experience, and strive for the highest standards and accuracy in his/her work. Additionally, the successful candidate will act as a key member of the larger MA organization and must posess excellent communication skills and be able to successfully manage relationships with several senior stakeholders and key teams including sales, accounting, and the integration office.
- Liaising with the sales organization to understand historical sales performance, and gain insight into expectations and challenges to future sales production and achievement
- Working closely with the Accounting team to understand revenue performance and develop spreadsheet models to budget and forecast future revenue
- Supporting senior managers and budget owners with expense budgeting and variance analysis
- Preparing weekly or monthly management reports covering sales, revenue and expense
- Supporting the BvD business integration efforts through participation in established workstreams and / or providing analytical and modelling support
- Undertaking special ad-hoc analysis as requested
Moody's Analytics FP&A is a team of global professionals who provide stakeholders with accurate, and actionable analysis and recommendations which further business insight to enable both operational, and strategic decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Two to fours years experience in financial planning & analysis
- Previous experience in supporting a sales-oriented business is a plus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.