Senior Financial Accountant
A global (Re)Insurance company is looking for a technically competent Senior Financial Accountant to join their London office. The primary purpose of this role is to support monthly and quarterly reporting obligations under US GAAP, US STAT, regulatory reporting, internal economic capital reporting and other local reporting requirements.
- Project management of the quarterly close process
- Preparation of journals in areas requiring complex accounting treatment
- Presenting financial information to senior stakeholders for quarterly sign off meetings
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Review of journals and associated controls to enable quarterly submissions to Divisional teams
- Preparation of quarterly reporting and MI packs and year-end financial statement notes
- Management of the internal and external audit processes
- Supervision (managing and coaching) of direct reports
- Support in new projects within the Finance Team, which includes but is not limited to implementation of new systems and accounting standards
This role requires an accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) either newly qualified or a year post qualification with experience gained in an insurance business or accountancy practice. The ability to communicate complex concepts and information across different disciplines and levels of seniority with the organisation will be paramount to succeeding in this role.