Senior Finance Technology Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Senior Finance Technology Developer
Corporate Title: Vice-President (VP)
Location: Bromley OR London
Line of Business: Global Banking and Markets Technology
We are currently seeking experienced developers to join an innovative development group within Bank of America. We are looking for people to join us for the long haul; therefore your general approach and attitude is far more important to us than your specific skills and experience. We are looking for someone with a history of collaborating with others to achieve results, of technical versatility, of learning and coaching.
We are a group of around 150 developers globally who are responsible for system that support the work of the Finance group within our Global Markets business. We believe in teams, self-organisation and technical excellence. We are a relaxed, friendly, innovative group. We offer excellent developers a great place to work, interesting problems to solve and market-leading benefits.
We know that a diverse team helps us to think creatively and to build excellent solutions. We are keen to meet candidates from a variety of backgrounds.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- As a member of a multi-skilled, versatile team, ensure that our users have a great toolset that supports them in their daily work. Help them to improve operational efficiency and reduce risk. Our users work within the finance function: product control, independent price verification and VAR back-testing all fall within their remit
- Teach others what you know. Lead by example. Contribute to the continual improvement of our skills, knowledge and practices
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience of a variety of technologies. The specifics are not important but we would expect a candidate to have experience of several of the following with the ability to teach others and to define good practices in some of them: structured languages (e.g. Java, C#), scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby), databases (e.g. MS SQL, Sybase, Oracle)
- Our preferred language is Python and we therefore especially value guru-level Python skills, but we have a variety of other technologies within our portfolio
- We expect any professional developer to be proficient at writing automated tests
- Knowledge and experience of Agile practices (particularly Scrum) would be very useful
- Domain experience is not essential but would be very beneficial: risk and P&L, product control processes within a similar organisation, middle office experience
- We are also looking for AVP-level (Assistant Vice-President) developers for the same team. The requirements are the same but with a lower expectations for the breadth of experience and technical leadership skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.