Senior Finance Manager - Payroll
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Senior Finance Manager, Global Payroll/Taxation Services is responsible for the accounting, and oversight of transactions processing for the Global Payroll function including some components of the firm's stock incentive and employee benefit plans. This includes managing the processing of payments and maintenance of records. The incumbent will ensure consistency of accounting policies & procedures, improve and ensure consistency of accounting controls and processes, develop and provide analyses and reports (management, accounting and finance reports), and ensure compliance with documented Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) procedures and other relevant regulations. The incumbent will answer queries from Senior Management. The incumbent will lead a team of Accountants, Specialists, and manage third party resources in the resolution of issues & conflicts relating to the financial functions supported, ad hoc requests made, or executing on delivery of firm wide initiatives in support of the global function. Principal Responsibilities
- Manages a team of finance professionals. Provides feedback, identifies development or career opportunities, coaches, conducts performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Document and maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement process efficiencies to strengthen controls, reduce risks and eliminate redundancies.
- Manage, develop, and coach associates in order to meet department quality and productivity standards, enhance skill sets, and retain associates.
- Responsible for recruitment and performance management for team of associates.
- Manage global payroll processes to properly pay, report and record compensation and related costs.
- Develop and monitor procedures for the preparation, documentation and disbursement of all payroll remittances, payroll taxes, and employee benefits.
- Review and audit payroll prepared by staff and third party providers to ensure compliance with corporate policies, tax requirements, statutory regulations, and GAAP.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage changing legal, tax and regulatory demands and their effects on processes and procedures.
- Primary lead to manage third party service provider to ensure effective and efficient operations aligned to deliverables for associates and other clients
Stock Incentives and Employee Benefit Plans
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Administer and manage long-term incentive (LTI) plans in coordination with Tax, Legal, Human Resources, and Managed Service Providers
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure that compensation and incentive decisions / changes are appropriate / adequate
- Facilitate the routing and resolution of inquiries from associates, transfer agent staff and brokers
- Lead People: Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences
- Drive Results & Accountability: Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
- Create Value for Clients: Serves as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain long-lasting client relationships
- Communicate Effectively: Adjusts to fit the audience and the message
- Lead People: Invites input (i.e., diversity of thought) and shares ownership and visibility (e.g., gives credit where due)
- Drive Results & Accountability: Is completely on top of what is going on and knows where things stand
- Create Value for Clients: Consistently gains confidence and trust
- Communicate Effectively: Anticipates, communicates, and proactively addresses client needs using knowledge of the market, global trends, and T. Rowe Price business strategy
- Lead Change: Is willing to champion idea or position despite dissent or risk and act as a courageous catalyst for change
- Think & Act Strategically: Articulates a clear strategy and maps the proactive steps that will clearly accelerate the organization towards its strategic goals
- Develop Talent: Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent from across the globe
Subject Matter Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, and/or Certified Payroll Professional
- Experience working with service providers ;i.e., ADP
- Experience leading a global payroll function and related reporting functions
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop associates at varying levels
- Outstanding financial, technical, and quantitative analytical skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing value-added financial processes
- Superior individual execution skills, critical thinking abilities
- Demonstrated technical competency in accounting principles and procedures, specifically compensation related
- Proficiency in Excel and financial decision-making tools
- Experience with ERP tools like Oracle and Workday
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.