We're looking for an experienced Finance Controller from the Banking Industry. It's a senior role and will take responsibility for Year-End Reporting, Statutory Accounts and manage the relationship between the Bank and the Auditors. We need candidates with experience in managing relationships with external auditors as well as managing a small team of Qualified Accountants.
We’re currently recruiting for this UK challenger Bank and this particular role will suit a seasoned Controller with lots of Year End and Audit experience as we will be asking this person to manage the relationship with the Auditors and take responsibility for Year-End, under the direction and support of the Group FC and FD.
Initially this will be a Fixed Term Contract, but the intention is to make this a permanent role in time. Candidates must be available immediately or on a short term notice.
Is largely about developing, maintaining and managing a robust reporting framework and to drive consistency in financial reporting and control. You’ll manage a team of 4 qualified accountants and be responsible for managing Year End, monthly consolidated financial results, management accounting, process/control framework improvement and external reporting.
- Preparation of annual Audit and be the first line of communication with the Auditors
- Develop the Banks reporting framework, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- Responsible for Statutory Accounts and external reporting
- Drive improvements in reporting standards and accountability
- Drive consistency in accounting policy implementation
- Implement major IFRS projects and other changes
- Present to senior management a basic understanding of certain accounting policies or issues
- Provide accounting advice to senior managers across the Group
- Lead the external audit process
- Manage and review your team, including annual reviews, training and development.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA Qualified with 10 years PQE experience
- A background in Banking
- Experience in a Statutory Reporting and Controls based role within banking
- An enthusiasm of making things better
- An ability to communicate at Board level
- A proven team leader
We're keen to talk to candidates as soon as possible for this, so if this sounds like a particularly good fit for your experince, please get in touch by phone and we can arrange a time time to speak. Thank you.