Senior Finance Business Partner
SENIOR FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages to customers across the world. The AMZL network is undergoing rapid growth and change on a global scale. Our teams are changing the way we interact with customers every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry. AMZL is developing an innovative world-class Last Mile operation with a portfolio of buildings, vehicles, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time and tailored to our ever-changing customer expectations. AMZL Finance teams partner closely with global cross-functional business and tech teams to support this rapidly expanding business; driving controllership, innovation, productivity, and cost-effective operations across the network in a fast paced environment.
Our business is delivering smiles to our customers by ensuring on-time deliveries with the highest quality in a safe environment where people like to come to work every day. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet while having fun.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Business Partner that is excited to join a tech company that is constantly improving and reimagining the logistics industry. Our candidate should be passionate about using data to solve big, complex and ambiguous problems. The ideal candidate should be eager to continuously learn and improve their skills. You should be attentive to which details make all the difference.
As part of the AMZL Finance team, you will join a team that is passionate about numbers, data, and how to use them to generate insights and improve our business. We support and influence the AMZL organization by providing a holistic and financial perspective, we are the trusted business advisors. We collaborate with our partners to ensure leaders to have the most up to date and reliable information, and work with them to make sure AMZL is making the best possible decisions.
• Leverage Amazon Logistic metrics to identify productivity and cost out opportunities by linking up operations and financials
• Communicates data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Your communications drive critical business actions.
• Earn trust of your business partners to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions driving business improvements and cost reductions
• Identifies risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
• Understands the details of the cost structure to make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be difficult to procure.
• Supervise and own the Financial and operational planning processes to produce a challenging/stretch/bold yet solid operational plan
• Identify opportunities and lead projects to streamline processes and reports
• Hire, develop and mentor peers and team members, while promoting knowledge-sharing
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
• Grow and collaborate in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one
• Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse individuals
• Learn from people and cooperate with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree and solid work experience in finance
• Ability to effectively communicate in English
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• MS Office PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior knowledge of SQL is beneficial, a willingness to learn this essential
• Demonstrated business acumen while influencing and managing cross-functional relationships
• Willingness to support an unpopular opinion if it is in favor of the customer
• Manage and prioritize workload and work towards multiple deadlines
• Action-oriented in solving challenging business and technical issues
• Passion for diving into the vast and complex details of productivity and cost measurements
• Detail oriented and a passion for data with the ability to accurately summarize and share the relevant details