Senior Finance Analyst - FP&A
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join an exciting, high growth area of Amazon within our UK Operations Finance team in London.
We are looking for a smart and creative individual to deliver robust and structured reporting, improve the planning modelling and implement processes that are well understood and communicated throughout the organisation. The growth of the business and the increasing complexity driven by new launches and services make this role an exciting, interesting and challenging proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, driving performance, building plans for the future, as well as managing regular reporting and forecasting. You will provide leadership on the right financial controllership to ensure the results of the business are properly recorded and the assets of the business protected.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
• Building and managing reporting to support the business
• Owning business planning and forecasting processes
• Conducting business case analysis of new programs and services
• Working in conjunction with EU FP&A teams to drive best practice and consistent processes.
• Supporting internal customer groups in all finance matters including budgeting, forecasting and control.
• Provide and communicate reporting and analysis to senior stakeholders.
• Demonstrable relevant finance/accounting experience.
• Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by writing project documentation and weekly/monthly/quarterly reviews.
• Experience in Operations/Logistics would be helpful. Experience in working in a fast-paced growth environment is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis and problem solving.
• Advanced Excel user.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related discipline.
• Previous experience in positions requiring analysis and reporting financial results.
• Proven expertise in finance management, evaluation, and swift analysis: you always deliver meaningful business reporting.
• You can employ root cause analysis to identify issues quickly, while uncovering their causes.
• Demonstrated analytical, financial acumen in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including VBA)
• You have experience of working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos), alongside other financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability, combined with confident communication skills for conveying your conclusions.
• You're highly analytical, detail-oriented and bring a strong sense of business acumen: you have a track record of managing new ideas and creative solutions.
• You can manage and prioritize your workload in a fast-paced, high-growth, occasionally ambiguous environment.