Senior FIC Sales
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses: corporate and investment banking to private banking, asset management, and securities services, as well as specialised financial services including vehicle and equipment finance.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
FIXED INCOME & CURRENCIES
A SOLUTIONS & DERIVATIVES HOUSE
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
ACCESS TO CASH AND DERIVATIVES
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary Of The Key Purposes Of The Role
1. Act as a Corporate FX & MM Sales person based in the UK, covering German and Austrian clients with a particular emphasis on Foreign Exchange/Derivatives
2. Work with other SG team members/product specialists to help identify key client exposures, FX risk management needs, any other hedging opportunities, and propose adequate solutions to manage such risks.
3. Clearly define any proposed hedging solutions, together with the adequate product specialist if need be;
4. Liaise with CORI/bankers, trading, ENG, MRA, LIS, CCG and any other necessary SG departments to better develop & explore client business opportunities.
5. Technical expertise & operational skills to execute FX & MM transactions, excluding any exotic transactions where ENG etc. may be required
Summary Of Responsibilities
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
• Act as lead the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
• Define and implement a business plan to develop SG business
• To initiate and develop relationships and execute transactions with these clients.
• On-boarding new clients e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
• Develop long term relationships with clients based on trust and professionalism
• Respond to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; Analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
• Build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
• Introducing clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
• To generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients by enhancing new client products suitable for clients needs and / or develop new client prospects
• Produce commercial documents e.g. marketing presentations, term sheets, scenario analysis with the support of Marketing and Structuring Teams
• Participate in regional/ global business line sales meetings as directed
• Provide input in to BL Management Information/ reporting to track progress regionally and globally
• Identify and introduce / refer cross-selling opportunities to other MARK business lines
Product Scope Responsibilities
• Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed
• Ensure business solutions for operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
• Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
• Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
• To further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation.
• Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
• Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
• Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
• Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
• To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
• Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
• This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.
Level of Autonomy And Authority
Only level of autonomy applicable here:
ii) organise client meetings & agendas.
• Investment banking/ financial services industry knowledge and experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in a variety of business lines, management and control functions across the bank.
• Ability to be able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure until completion
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
• Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
• Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
• Exemplary professional conduct
• Self- motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
• Capability to prioritize and organize
• Strong senior stakeholder Management Skills
• Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
• Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG).
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.