Senior Experience Designer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
An exciting time to join the Global Marketing team as a Senior Experience Designer. The role sits at the cross section of expanding our digital and creative capabilities, helping to grow new areas of our business, particularly the Global Wealth channel, and creating best-in-class, data driven online experiences for our target markets and audiences.
You will work directly with Marketing Strategists, Digital Strategists, and members of the content team across the America's, EMEA and APAC regions to develop solutions that meet creative best practices and brand standards. Global Marketing is highly collaborative, and the creative process often involves brainstorming and feedback from peers as well as the Creative Director. As such, the role requires flexibility, effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment. *Please note that this role can be located in the UK or US (Boston, San Francisco or Chicago) RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires working knowledge of and familiarity with content management systems used often for web design and development. While it is not required that candidates have working knowledge of Wellingtons' current CMS platform, candidates should feel comfortable designing modules and templates within a content management environment. You will be expected to work to high professional standards of quality and accuracy and be familiar with processes and procedures to meet those standards. The role requires;
- Proven success in exercising good judgment
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently
- Share best practices and identify innovation in digital design experiences
- Increased business knowledge and understanding of investment concepts
- Strong strategic thinking ability - able to connect the dots / big picture
- Executive presence - Polished speaker, strong presentation skills, articulate, confident, and persuasive, professional at all times
- Proven ability to proactively drive positive change and improvement
- Consistently introduce new ideas that increase team effectiveness and add value
- Mentoring ability - be a good teacher and positive example for less experienced team members
- Well-organized with proven user experience design expertise, preferably in the financial services industry
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment is essential
- Excellent problem solving skills and can maintain creativity in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated creative ability to compose polished, visually appealing, and appropriate concepts on a wide range of projects quickly and independently.
- Continuously design new and creative approaches to visualizing data and presenting information that facilitates understanding of complex financial concepts and in an aesthetically pleasing way
- Demonstrate a wide creative range and know what is relevant and appropriate for a given audience or communications medium.
- Sophisticated sense of typography, photography and color theory
- Be able to articulate and support design decisions based on the goals of the project, the established UX/UI and design strategy, and understand the difference between strategy, tactics and execution
- Strong work ethic and time management skills with commitment to meeting or exceeding deadlines despite competing priorities
- Volunteers for assignments, generates ideas for improving process and methods of working, participates in group design challenges
- Solid understanding of the investment management business, and general comprehension of Wellington's channels, products, and solutions
- Be adaptable and flexible in a changing environment and commit to an environment of continuous learning to stay current in the latest relevant design techniques and industry trends, continuously evolve skills, go beyond what is asked and constantly challenge the design norms.
- Willingness and availability to work overtime as work volume and turnaround times necessitate
- Participate in working groups and pilot activities to evaluate and select new technologies
- Identify and troubleshoot issues associated with the implementation of new and legacy technologies
- Ability to work within brand guidelines and advise outside agencies on our standards
- Language skills would be advantageous but are not required
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Exhibit deep expertise in fundamental UX/UI design principles including wireframing, IA, UI prototyping, and strong visual and responsive design
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver (or any coding software), Sketch, and Photoshop highly recommended
- Proficiency with InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe animate (or other animation software), and Acrobat is necessary, as well as expertise with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of cross-platform browser compatibility restrictions and requirements
- Experience with web analytic tools
Senior Experience Designer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .