Senior Expense Business Partner
A global (re)Insurance Group are looking for a talented individual to bolster their Business Partnering function within the Expenses Team. The role will have responsibility for expense reporting, planning and analysis across the business globally, managing Expense team in effective and efficient delivery of activities and partnering with client groups to positively influence on expense management.
You will support and take oversee aspects of the global expense business planning process relating to several business areas and work collaboratively with cost centre managers, Executive members and other senior colleagues. Key areas of responsibility and oversight will be:
- Leading the production and review of the detailed annual budget and quarterly forecasts with around 50 budget holders
- Challenging the budget setting and producing suitable analytics to support it
- Presentations to senior executive of the budget, with suitable analysis to understand composition, review challenges made and understand variances. The presentations should also highlight key risk areas or relevant trending of expenses
- Quarterly review with budget holders to ensure YTD expenditure, accrual/prepayment decisions, and updated forecasts are appropriate.
- Continually develop current suite of reports to provide senior management with improved insight into expense variances so that they can be proactively manage expenses
- Lead the legal entity charge process and continuously review and improve as appropriate
- Continually review and improve budget holder expense reporting
- Embed ultimate expense reporting into the BAU quarterly reporting
- Develop business plans and improve the reporting of actuals relating to expenses, highlight trends and risks in expenses against budget and ensure that appropriate controls are in place.
The ideal candidate will have proven business partnering experience gained in an Insurance/FS environment and will have post-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) experience gained in an internal reporting function. You will need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and mentor a small team.