Senior European Economist
Company & Team - "About Us"
As part of IHS Markit's World Economic service, the Europe Economics team consists of eleven economists and provides a comprehensive understanding of the region's macroeconomic context and outlook to our clients.
The Europe Economics team delivers:
Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
- A detailed set of consistent and regularly updated 30-year economic forecasts of for up to 500 indicators using IHS Markit's forecasting and scenario planning tool Global Link Model (GLM).
- Assessment of growth potential in individual or regional markets.
- Benchmark economic, financial, investment and sovereign risk by country.
- Daily headline analysis, special topical reports, in-depth country reports and monthly economic overviews. This allows rapid responses to unfolding economic and political developments.
- The service also offers direct client contact with the World Economic services' team of 150 economists through email, phone calls, quarterly webcasts, and global conferences.
You will be a key member of the Europe Economics team. The European Economics team within the Economic and Country Risk unit at IHS Markit is seeking an enthusiastic economist to help support the group's deliverables in the areas of economic analysis and forecasting.
In this role, you would:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Provide insightful economic analysis for several European countries
- Model and forecast macroeconomic conditions for these countries
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly outlook and risk publications
- Provide same-day analysis of major economic news
- Author in-depth reports on key topics and themes
- Respond to internal and external client inquiries
- Interact and coordinate with other regional, data, and analytical groups within IHS Markit
- Support the firm's commercial expansion through analytical support and client presentations.
Requirements for the position include:
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Degree in economics, Master's degree preferred
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a commercial environment
- Practical experience of using econometrics, EViews preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Fluency in spoken and written English; familiarity with other European languages a plus
- Experience in use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Dynamic self-starter, enjoys working in teams
- Become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team
- Develop with and learn from a team of highly experienced economists across the World Economics Service
- A competitive employee benefits package
- Cash incentive plan and equity award scheme
- Flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.