Senior Equity Analyst - Commodities Sectors
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Jan 18 2018-01-23
. BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
. BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares^® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions^®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The European Equity team is responsible for US$40 billion across various pooled and segregated accounts. The team is based in London and Edinburgh, and uses a bottom-up, team-based, fundamental research process with a macro overlay. Individual security research is conducted within a sector and cluster driven framework to deliver investment ideas to a broad range of funds with different investment styles, including long only and hedge funds. Research and portfolio management are closely integrated. The team consists of 20 fund manager/analysts and 4 graduates supported by 6 product specialists and 4 portfolio manager assistants. The team has an outstanding track record of generating alpha in all market conditions.
We are seeking an Analyst to sit within the European Equity team. The analyst we seek will have a strong financial understanding and an interest in learning about the utility and resource sectors in Europe. Working closely with other members of the investment team, this individual will need strong communication skills and a flexible approach to investment and managing workload.
The Analyst, together with the lead analyst of the industry ‘pod’ will conduct independent research (attend company meetings, conferences as required) and be able to utilize all available internal and external resources efficiently, to build high conviction investment ideas on a timely basis. We expect the incumbent to be in London on a regular basis whilst they learn the role.
- Assist with fundamental research across the utility and resource/commodity sectors in Europe
- This will include conducting financial analysis, meeting company management, industry analysis, attending conferences, interaction across BlackRock equity teams.
- Work closely with the lead analyst to generate high conviction investment ideas for a variety of strategies across the risk spectrum.
- Contribute to the team’s discussions on individual ideas and the team’s overall portfolio strategies, and above all, generate alpha in the team’s portfolios.
- There is scope to participate in other duties on the team such as assisting portfolio managers with various activities.
- Undergraduate Degree
- Accountancy qualifications or experience highly desirable
- Combine attention to detail with a flexible approach
- A passion for the markets and investing
- Possesses an affinity for intelligent risk taking
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement and leadership.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to synthesize complex issues and ideas.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects.
- Original and independent thinker, able to work in a team environment
- Exercises good judgment coupled with the ability to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Frequent travel to London expected until the incumbent is familiar with the job
- Experience in financial modelling of companies from working on the buy/sell side or from an accountancy background
- An understanding of corporate finance and valuation through the CFA exam
- Ideally, some background in coverage of the utility sector in UK/Europe or an understanding of the different business models, regulatory framework and key share price drivers
- A track record in lead coverage of stocks and examples of alpha generation
- Self motivated to learn more from a wider coverage and responsibility
- Able to perform in a high pressure environment