Senior ESG Product Specialist- Desktop
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Senior ESG Product Specialist - Desktop Grade:
12 (internal use only) The Location:
London/Amsterdam/Boston/New York The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to specific products and services. Within our product suite which includes ESG, Portfolio Analytics, Risk Services, Quantamental Solutions, MMD, LCD, Industry Solutions, Product Specialists are domain and knowledge experts.
This will be a new team within Market Intelligence, founded to build and grow market share through the adoption of S&P Global's ESG (Sustainable 1) products. Our ESG offerings provide financial institutions, corporations and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. As part of the new ESG Specialist Team, we focus on providing clients an in depth and consultative approach to ESG client workflows to drive the adoption and usage of ESG on the Capital IQ Pro Desktop. The Impact
: These roles drive revenue growth through client adoption, retention and growth working with Commercial Teams, Product Management, and Client Operations to promote Market Intelligence's ESG adoption across all client segments. Your role will help identify client needs and construct ESG solutions, via the Capital IQ Pro Desktop. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- This role will cover the following geographic territories and segments: North America, Latam, Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Support existing MI ESG platform clients with a focus on ESG workflows on the desktop and Excel plug-in
- Respond attentively to client questions, help clients get the most out of our ESG solutions, and work with Commercial Teams to exceed revenue and usage targets
- Develop Strategic Plan and drive significant increases in usage and adoption of MI ESG Desktop
- Strong understanding of ESG and financial modeling
- Mastery of solutions related to ESG Portfolio Analysis, such as financial portfolio analysis, carbon foot printing, TCFD reporting, exposure to fossil fuels, and physical risk from climate change under varying future scenarios
- Conduct advanced product demos that are specific to client workflows sand help to design the best solution to fit a prospect's or client's needs.
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client.
- Consolidate regional market feedback for product development/enhancement.
- Partner with key stakeholders such as Product Management, Excel Modeling and Sustainable1 teams. Collaborate across borders with other Product Specialists.
- Collaborate with above teams on thought leadership, discovering new workflows and market entry strategies.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and articulate S&P Global ESG competitive differentiation and value.
- Research and analyze environmental and social issues from an investment perspective and collaborate with S1 and commercial teams
- Research and ad-hoc leadership around portfolio climate risks and transition alignment.
- Represent the firm externally to clients and industry working groups.
- Analyze and keep abreast of evolving public policies dialogue.
- Contribute to Go-To-Market efforts and marketing campaigns.
- 5+ years of experience in the ESG data and research industry, ideally within the financial industry 10-15 years total experience
- Degree in finance, business administration or a degree in a sustainability-related science field, including environmental economics, climate science and Earth Science
- Sound understanding of the competitive ESG data landscape and upcoming regulations
- Understanding of investment processes and how ESG data can be applied in various investment applications
- Understanding of financial and risk application of ESG in Banking and Insurance industry
- Understanding of the ESG application for Corporate Clients, for example supply chain assessment, peer analysis, Corporate ESG assessment and Investor Relations
- Firm understanding of TCFD and Paris Alignment Firm understanding of workflow solutions for the Capital IQ Pro Desktop and/or other financial data vendor.
- A mixture of Finance, business, commercial and technical skills are necessary.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- 2-3 years of Management experience
- CFA Charterholder
- CFA ESG Certification
- Advanced academic credentials in applicable sciences (Environmental Economics, Climate Sciences, Earth Sciences)
- 3 years demonstrated experience in climate science, energy system modeling, or alternatively, carbon markets
- Desire to work at the nexus between climate risks and financial markets
- Understanding of public policy evolution
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Team player with an ability to collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries
- Some experience and ability to apply the core concepts of our diagnostic sales methodology
- Passion for data driven analytic solutions
- A high level of client service and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the equity, fixed income/credit or industry specific investment process. Prior experience in selling to or interacting with Investment Management and Investment Banking clients, Private Equity, Banking and Insurance
- Understanding on how ESG impacts and is utilize by Corporates outside of Finance
- Strong level of computer skills including MS Office proficiency
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segment
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $ 82,600 to $ 230,200 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. #LI-NJ1
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
263119 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom