Senior Digital Architect
About the opportunity Department Description
Fidelity is investing in its Enterprise Architecture team with the purpose to serve the needs of Fidelity by enabling the Business, Technology and Data strategies to flourish to realise the targeted business opportunities and value.
Enterprise Architecture operates across the business and domain portfolios.
Overall, the functions aim is to:
- Unite Business, Technology and Data strategies into a technology roadmap
- Lead the transformation of Fidelity's technology estate
- Align innovation with strategy and business need
- Provide strategic thought-leadership for Fidelity
- Commission key strategic change and drive adoption
- Ensure efficient use of change investment leading to maximum business value return
- Operate across technical, organisation and process challenges to drive design of enterprise solutions.
- Instigate and direct Delivery's regulatory and compliance engagement, verifying success through governance checks
- Educate technology and business on solutions and technologies that are relevant to Fidelity's strategic goals
Domain Architecture are the foundation of Enterprise Architecture, enabling core capabilities and providing best practices, common solutions and repeatable patterns that enable our portfolios to provide excellent business solutions that delight our customers. In everything we do, we aim to add real value, provide excellent solutions, and support our people on the adoption journey. The three key pillars of Domain Architecture are: Cloud, Digital, and Unbundling. Purpose of the Role
Fidleity is a Customer obsessed organisation. Everything we do is focussed around our customer's goals and needs. With that in mind we have undergone a customer experience/digital transformation in the last few years, establishing a FIL-wide Digital team and delivering a Global Digital experience platform with key capabilities such as global design standards, content management, analytics & optimisation and up-to-date cloud based front end solutions. As part of our continuing improvement and expansion in Digital and alignment to major new initiatives across the business, we are looking for experienced Digital architects to contribue significantly to our overall domain architecture practice while providing targeted digital support to business portfolios.
In this role you will deliver key parts Fidelity's Digital architecture strategy and core capabilities as well as assisting product teams in delivering digital solutions that impress our customers while meeting our wider business goals. This will involve defining architecture standards, blueprints and executable patterns, guiding engineering teams who own core digital frameworks and solutions and supporting our people in learning about and adopting digital solutions. We are looking for you increase business value, remove waste, enable data driven decision making and develop re-usable solutions and patterns that can scale across Fidelity. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Along with the lead Digital architect and other key domain leads, contribute to the Fidelity Digital Technology Strategy
- Define technical standards and best practices for digital architecture which reflect FIL's strategies, policies, and risk appetite.
- Be a thought-leader, supporting solution and technical architects in building secure and reliable customer facing applications on public cloud aligned with the Fidelity Cloud Eco-System.
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to develop re-usable digital patterns and proofs of concept
- Provide guidance and guidelines on migration strategies to target state.
- Work alongside the Portfolio Enterprise Architects to enable the development of portfolio target digital architectures and transition states towards successful digital transformation.
- Ensure that architecture governance is efficient and effective in managing Fidelity's digital estate and path to target state.
- Work closely with Learning & Development to maintain learning paths to help FIL staff ramp-up on digital skills.
- Work alongside the Lead Digital Architect to create compelling explainer materials that drive the adoption of the digital strategy.
- Drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, costs, project management, and risk mitigation.
About you About Fidelity International
- Excellent collaboration and engagement skills to connect with, lead, and empower architects and delivery teams across the organisation.
- Experienced Digital Architect - Professional level Certification preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience in agile and test driven development, DevSecOps on public cloud.
- Demonstrated awareness of the Digital ecosystem: cyber security, network and internet security, internet-scale solutions, identity and access management, risk based authorisation, Single-signon, marketing technologies, analytics, A/B Testing, personalisation, tag management, audit and compliance, domain API strategies, design standards.
- Experience of providing technical and delivery leadership to engineers and developers to ensure solution designs are consistent with a strategic architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presentations.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, with a demonstrated experience influence across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Ability to identify and define requirements for a cloud-based Front End and its supporting services, including clear non-functional requirements.
- Experience with deploying hybrid systems with on-premises and public cloud components.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.