Our client is one of the UK’s largest developers with major projects across the UK. Given the volume of schemes in play, they have a mandate to hire a new Senior Development Analyst to primarily act as the finance business partner to the business for a series of major development projects.
Key responsibilities for the successful candidate will be:
- Develop and maintain financial model for complex multi-phased projects
- Review and monitor finance, tax, and control risk on schemes, ensuring that these are effectively managed
- Assist in assessing the financial and commercial risks of investment proposals, applies sensitivity and scenario analysis, and identifies mitigating actions for risk management
- Lead on providing timely and accurate management reporting information for development projects and attend / present in the meetings.
- Ensure that governance and financial regulations are appropriately applied across the development programme
- Develop a project plan to implement large scale development project delivery strategy that includes corporate structuring, legal contracts and taxation matters.
- Prepare project implementation plan, detail process map, stakeholder action lists along with responsibilities
- Ensure that the legal arrangements and contracts underpinning the structure are completed as soon as practicable
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Able to show strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Proven in experience of property development finance, ideally with prior experience of investment appraisal, financial modelling for mixed tenure schemes
- Able to show thorough understanding of either/both the UK commercial & Mixed use development and/or residential development markets
- In possession of a strong track record of delivering timely and accurate management reporting
- Able to provide evidence of a good understanding of technical and commercial risks associated to property development
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious financial analyst working in real estate with a broad knowledge of development. Career prospects are excellent and the responsibilities will increase exponentially over time.