Senior Delivery Manager, Public Sector, Deloitte Digital, Consulting, London/ Manchester
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
At Deloitte Digital, we connect creativity with technology for business. We bring empathy, ideas, and experience into digital transformation. Together with all of Deloitte, we create connections across the breadth of our people, organisation, and ecosystems to make an impact that matters to our clients and to society. We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
You may have a brilliant mind, be a confident communicator or a nerd for all things digital, or you may have an impeccable business instinct, a collaborative outlook and a flair for big ideas. Come as you are because we value difference and celebrate diversity.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
We're expanding fast in our digital team so we're looking for people who are experienced in delivering transformation for our Government and Public Sector clients and through that, help our clients achieve better outcomes for citizens and employees. You will be someone who is curious and unafraid of taking initiative, a good collaborator and empathetic people manager who can bring out the best in others and grow our business without compromising on quality, standards, integrity or culture. As a Senior Delivery Manager working on Public Sector clients at Deloitte, you will:
Your specific responsibilities include: Run deliveries for clients by:
- Work closely with the Civil Government Digital Partner, Directors and Senior Managers to provide leadership and direction on all things digital transformation and digital delivery for central government and arm's length bodies clients
- Be capable of building long standing, trust-based relationships with clients and have a track record of digital delivery in the public sector, including Agile Delivery experience and familiarity with GDS Service Standards and the Technology Code of Practice
- Lead solution design and development of proposals for clients, including structuring teams and developing pricing and commercial models
- Be as interested in managing people as managing products and services
Conduct business development and bid activities:
- Cultivating client relationships and engaging with senior stakeholders on a range of programme and delivery management activities
- Build and coach delivery teams in Agile practices to achieve delivery outcomes on time and to budget
- Manage project and programme risks and financials
Your work, your choice
- Cultivating a network of client relationships across our Civil Government practice and being the lead point of contact for relevant client accounts
- Build and cultivate industry relationships
- Building and communicating a distinctive point-of-view on relevant client issues, product, industry and technology trends
- Have experience of running or supporting bids and collaboratively architecting solutions in response to client outcomes and requirements
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you. Location:
Primarily London & Manchester but we are happy to discuss other locations with you. Work pattern:
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role is based on a full-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- Agile Delivery. Coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. You can think of new and innovative ways of working to drive continuous improvement and achieve the right outcomes
- Creating the right environment for success. You know how to work with other digital, data and technology (DDaT) roles, job families and professions
- Working within constraints. You know how to influence, challenge and coach. You can anticipate how constraints might change and know where to challenge or remove blockers and barriers to progress
- Life-cycle perspective. You can apply experience from multiple parts of the product life cycle. You can recognise when it is right to move forward and when it is right to stop. You can recognise the appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet these. You can plan and engage with the appropriate stakeholders at a particular stage in the project
- Financial ownership. You bring commercial acumen to deliver the best value for money for our clients
- Problem ownership. You know how to anticipate problems and manage risk. You understand how the problem fits into the larger picture. You can articulate the problem and help others to do it. You know how to build problem-solving capabilities in others
- Inclusive leadership, building followership and managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are supported to grow and are recognised for their contribution
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BACONM CFTECH