Senior Data Scientist - Insurance
A Global Insurer is looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist to help the business grow profitably through the development & deployment of analytics solutions. You will have a strong technical foundation in data science and a desire to partner with business stakeholders to take your career to the next level. KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of embedding data science solutions
- Ability to explain and articulate technical concepts to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Innovative approach to solving business problems using data
- Data curiosity to understand problems and surface interesting facts
- Proficiency in using Python, R and other relevant programming languages
- Experience of working with GLMs, decision trees, GBMs, Bayesian statistics, SVMs, clustering, NLP/NLG, time-series modelling and other relevant techniques
- Experience of working with external data - structured and unstructured
- 10+ years of experience in analytics driven role.
- Experience of working with cloud infrastructure preferred
- Significant hands-on experience of working on long term modelling projects involving multiple programming languages, complex datasets & multiple systems.
- Strong understanding of basic statistics as well as machine learning concepts through academic or professional qualifications in relevant areas and by applying these concepts to solve business problems.
- Strong team player who is able to work with people and deliver on projects by taking ownership
- Highly dedicated and committed to delivering quality output by working to deadlines
- Understanding of statistical and machines learning applications for general insurance.
- Insurance or financial industry knowledge preferred