Senior Data Scientist - Global FinTec
- Salary:Flexible (subject to experience)
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:18 Sep 18
We have been retained by one of the world’s fastest growing FinTec providers, who support a number of leading FS organisations, along with a series of other major Global 500 brands.
In order to meet demand, they are keen to quickly grow their Data Science and Analytics capability, and are looking for talented and ambitious Data Scientists to join the team.
These individuals will work in partnership directly with a number of external clients/stakeholders along with practicing an ‘agile’ technology stack that utilises some of the most revolutionary approaches in today’s market.
These individuals will:
▪ Support in developing platforms for market data, trading and analytics
▪ Research and improve data quality control techniques
▪ Identifying and improving existing data processing and data derivation approaches
▪ Interact daily with both internal and external stakeholders
▪ Working on platform documentation and support communities with their adhoc analytical development
▪ Identify commercial opportunities and escalate to relevant teams
What are they looking for?
▪ (At least) 2-5 years of professional Data Science experience
▪ Strong scripting and programming skills
▪ Python and/or Ks systems/Q language experience (preferably on a Linux/Unix platform)
▪ A track record in delivering complex analytical/data quality control solutions (up to Enterprise level)
▪ A sound grounding in the principals of Computer Engineering (ideally a relevant Degree)