Senior Data Scientist
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:16 Apr 19
Top tier banking organisation who are heavily investing in their data analytics practice. They are looking for high calibre and ambitious data focused professionals with a proven track record of involvement in innovative and impactful change within banking space. This is an exciting opportunity with strong career growth and autonomy to work on some of the most disruptive challenges in the market.
The role will invoice:
• Solving unstructured and unseen problems using data and analysis;
Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling and quantitative analysis. Clean, aggregate and interpret data in preparation for analysis;
• Experience with analytical modelling and predictive capabilities;
• Devise reusable assets and solutions for trending.
Background of candidate:
• Using Python, R or SAS to turn complex datasets into actionable insights;
• Bash scripting including sed, awk, cut, uniq, sort, tr;
• SQL & No-SQL Databases;
• Experience of Machine Learning and Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Mahout, Pig, Hive, etc.;
• Knowledge in one or some of the following: Linear Algebra, Statistics, Graph theory, Network analysis, Algorithms, Probability, Markov chains/hidden Markov models, Classification and regression techniques, Matrix factorization/singular value decomposition;
• Cloud storage and computation such as AWS's EC2 and EMR;
• Specialised visualisation techniques (D3.js, ggplot etc.);
• Strong communication skills.
Send your CV to me: firstname.lastname@example.org