Senior Data Engineer As the Senior Data Engineer you be the key operational and hands-on leader to shape and drive a data platform strategy execution across all areas of the business. You will work closely with other teams in a cross-functional set-up. You will be responsible for driving future architectural decisions, including a Cloud data strategy, data warehouse modernisation and data delivery platform.
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Hands on approach to solutions definition and development.
- Support our transition from on-premises solutions to our cloud first strategy.
- Provide problem-solving support, coaching, direction, and guidance to the wider team as part of the Data Community for Excellence.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology stacks and platforms, including data pipeline tools and methods to easily move data around the organisation.
- Guide and coach on Agile techniques and ways of working to help improve teams and software development process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Encourage standardisation of technologies, and evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers and releasing code.
- Able to communicate to a broad set of senior stakeholders in non-technical language - with respects to the Data Platform vision, roadmap, tactical priorities and progress on agreed deliverables.
- Ensuring collaboration and cooperation in key projects between incumbent team members and future team members.
The Senior Data Engineer will have the key skills and experience:
- Experience of Cloud technologies – AWS or equivalent
- Demonstrate 10+ years in senior engineering and technology roles working with data engineering teams, delivering and building data solutions - while remaining hands-on.
- Strong examples of coaching, facilitating and guiding others – developing and mentoring others to do the right thing.
- Hands on experience coding data engineering for data warehouse solutions with in SQL, ELT, Spark, Java/Scala or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Agile software development methodologies & DevOps.
- A depth and breadth understanding of the data engineering space - with the ability to stay current and up to date on trends and technologies.
You will be a dedicated person that creates meaningful change through collaboration, cooperation and passion within a diverse environment.