Senior Data Analyst, Indirect Tax Technology
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's tax team seeks an exceptionally capable and motivated individual to help deliver the Tax Technology support for our Indirect Tax function. The Tax Technology team enables solutions that support the automation of our Tax team's processes.
The right individual should have an interest in indirect tax (VAT) reporting, ability to work with or an appetite to work with large volumes of data, and solid business judgment capable of delivering the right results.
This role will focus on Amazon Business by providing the technology support necessary to meet indirect tax compliance and audit requirements to support this growing business. Duties will include:
- Contribute to the delivery of indirect tax technology projects, independently drive smaller projects or components of larger projects; support project prioritization discussions, timelines and trade-offs with business partners.
- Perform hands on detailed data research and analysis of a large financial data set; investigate, troubleshoot and resolve data quality issues.
• Define business requirements for technical development based on analysis of data sets
• Build and maintain relationships with our key technology providers, as well as, other technical teams across Amazon..
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree in Accounting, Business, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or a related field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable working experience in tax, accounting, data analysis or related field PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with data investigation across business processes/business systems, especially SQL proficiency pulling data from various sources.
• Experience with Intrastat concepts and reporting.
• Experience with implementing Tax Technology, especially for VAT/Intrastat processes.
• Strong critical thinking, excellent communication skills, and ability to influence.
• Ability to explain financial/technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
• Creative, positive, and helpful attitude; a team oriented, customer-centric working style.