Senior DB Migrations Consultant, Global Accounts
DESCRIPTION Are you a database migrations expert who has experience with executing large-scale database migrations from on-premises to the AWS Cloud? Would you like to work with our customers to help them plan, prepare and execute large-scale database migrations and leverage the benefits of the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on database migration experts, who can help our clients and partners migrate their business-critical databases to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud. Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to determine database migration strategies, build database migration business cases, analyze customers' database portfolios, perform database assessments, develop database migration plans, design database migration processes, implement database migration tools, support the database migration execution, and ensure operational integration. These professional services engagements will focus on leading our customers through large-scale database migration programs and helping customers move from traditional commercial databases, warehouses, and NoSQL systems to AWS managed database services including open-source RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, DocumentDB and others.
• As Senior Consultant you will lead complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
• You will work with customers and partners, leading them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams. You will design and deliver solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enable breakthrough innovations. You will create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms. You will guide customers' technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform, and ease of adoption as new services and products become available.
• You will help customers define target business outcomes and related work streams, and lead the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently exceed these goals.
• As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 10+ years of experience in Oracle or SQL Server
• Experience working with high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention etc.
• Experience in open-source database technology platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience with migrating database environments from one platform to another, with hands-on expertise in two or more of the following domains: database migration strategy design, database migration business case creation, database portfolio analysis, database assessment, database migration process design, database migration tool implementation, database migration execution, or operational integration
• 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Good experience with agile project management methodologies
Relevant application/database replatforming experience (commercial to open-source engines)
• Experience with custom/COTS applications and their implementation/maintenance
• Experience with multi-terabyte large databases across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, etc.)
• Experience in ETL/ELT workflow management
• Ability to write and tune SQL queries
• Experience in writing complex PL/SQL, PL/PgSQL and stored procedures
• Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• Understanding of virtualization technologies and system architectures that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Experience working directly with customers and partners