Senior Credit Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Senior Credit Manager in the Securitisation Credit team within NatWest Markets Credit Risk
- This is a unique opportunity to take on an interesting role supporting the NatWest Markets Securitised Products and Structured Finance Derivative Solutions businesses
- Joining a diverse and dynamic environment, you'll be working predominantly with clients in the UK, Western Europe and the US
- You'll be managing a portfolio of securitisation and asset backed finance transactions from a credit risk perspective, to agree a risk appetite and minimise credit losses
- This role will be offered at Vice President level, and as part of our commitment to support you in striking a work/life balance, we offer flexible working options
What you'll do
As Senior Credit Manager, you'll be managing the credit risk profile for a portfolio of securitisation/ABS/Covered Bond transactions. Demonstrating sound judgement, you'll work with the business to agree on the risk appetite for your portfolio, and engage with front line business teams regarding new transactions, and lead client due diligence.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Proactively managing the credit risk profile of the portfolio and ensure that risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to the desired level
- Working closely with front office teams on new transactions, providing risk input on key terms and conditions to ensure the structure is consistent with risk appetite and relevant policies
- Coordinating an efficient and effective credit approval process for all new business to ensure a good customer experience through timely decisions
- Approving credit reviews and new transactions in accordance with delegated authority
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with credit risk management experience and detailed knowledge of the Securitisation / ABS / Covered Bond sectors. Along with a basic understanding of financial statements for Financial Institutions, such as balance sheets and profit and loss, you'll have an awareness of Financial Institution clients and products relevant to the role. You'll also ideally have knowledge of traded products including derivatives and repos, lending, capital markets funding and trade finance activities, as well as their accompanied documentation.
We'll also be looking for you to have:
- An understanding of rating agency securitisation / ABS /Covered Bond criteria
- Experience in conducting client due diligence, with confidence to lead meetings
- Stress testing and financial cash flow modelling experience
- A strong analytical background which can be applied to transaction, structure and counterparty analysis
- A good working knowledge of credit grading models and of credit mitigation techniques
- Experience of preparing credit applications
You'll also ideally have experience in NPL financing and UK / Pan-European CRE transactions.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.