Director - Risk, Credit Analysis & Quant
The investment arm of the UK Government is seeking experienced credit analysts to assessing the contingent liabilities within the government including credit guarantees and insurance indemnities provided to both corporates entities and financial institutions. They are seeking 3 further credit analysts to work within this high profile team. You will in depth credit experience at a leading institution, and there is demand for one person to have focused on corporate credit, another for banks credit, and another for sovereign credit analysis. It’s an interesting role of national importance with excellent work-life balance.
You will be involved in:
- Provide expert, authoritative and timely analysis of proposed contingent liabilities to support better contingent liability structuring, decision making and reporting across government
- Examine and report on the financial risks associated with contingent liabilities across government to support better decision making by HM Treasury and departments, to improve the understanding of contingent liability risk exposures across government, and to feed into more holistic central fiscal risk projections
- Ensure best practice methods are adopted across government to assess the financial impact of contingent liabilities more consistently and accurately, including evaluating the level of premiums that could be charged
- Provide guidance to HM Treasury and departments on ways to manage the financial risks from contingent liabilities more efficiently (for example risk pooling arrangements)
- Assisting in developing and executing a robust governance framework for contingent liabilities
- Assisting in the management of junior members of the team
You will have:
- Strong credit and complex financial analysis skills, equivalent to 5-20 years’ experience in a financial institution or rating agency (there are 3 roles available)
- Excellent analytical capability and a good understanding of financial modelling (including simulation models and stress testing)
- Experience of evaluation, structuring and management of credit risk (and specifically of financial guarantees) across a range of sectors
- Experience in credit analysis in at least one of the following sectors: corporates, financial institutions, country risk
- Ability to write clear, useful, technical analysis
- Ability to work in the context of uncertainties and lack of data, and to apply expert judgement, drawing in wider industry experience and subject matter expertise
- Experience in structuring and legal documentation for credit exposures an advantage
Please apply now for consideration and information on next steps.
Keywords: Credit Analyst; Credit Analysis; Counterparty Credit Risk; Country Risk; Credit Ratings Analyst; Credit Rating Analyst; Fitch; S&P; Moody’s; Corporate Credit Risk; Corporate Credit Analysis; Financial Institutions Credit Analysis; FIs Credit; Banks Credit; Credit Research; CFA; Fixed Income Research; Sovereign Debt; Sovereign Credit Analyst.