Senior Corporate Actions Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in Europe and has been serving the needs of its clients in the UK for more than 100 years through a range of businesses
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
SBO provides outsourced back office operations and account management support for wealth and asset managers. The service includes trade support, cash management, reconciliations and corporate actions.
The corporate action section encompasses end to end processing of global corporate actions, global income payments, US and UK tax reporting for wealth managers as well as providing account management support for the Funds business. The section supports equities, funds, fixed interest and bonds.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• End to end processing of global COAC events across multiple product lines (including book cost apportionment).
• Ensuring event notifications and outruns are issued/processed in line with written procedures and SLAs.
• Act as COAC Account Manager for the Funds business, providing support between the Fund processing lines and underlying clients.
• Responsible for writing/maintaining COAC procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining the Figaro COAC Diary.
• Assist with system testing as required.
Summary of responsibilities
• Manage end-to-end corporate action event life cycle across voluntary and mandatory global events – ensuring creation of the Corporate Action record within our systems, dissimulation of event information, entitlement calculation, instruction maintenance, outturn reconciliation and processing, book cost apportionment.
• Management of daily tasks in line with the Critical Function Log (CFL)
• Creation of Golden Records via investigation with data vendors, agents and company websites.
• Claim identification and processing.
• Liaise directly with clients to ensure all events are fully instructed by our instruction deadline.
• Liaise with our agents and the market to process elections and resolve issues.
• Interpret complex information and apply best practices.
• Liaise with external counterparties and agents / internal departments at all levels and external correspondents as required.
• Ensure all events are correctly diarised in the COAC and Figaro diaries.
• Ensure all COAC procedures are fully documented.
• System testing as required.
• Ensure any issues are escalated to the COAC Supervisor.
• Assisting the income section and other areas as required.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Primary authoriser for all daily COAC/Income items including *cash write-offs, FX requests and COAC related trade instructions.
*Income write-offs outside of the calculated acceptable level to be verified by the COAC Supervisor and Operations Manager.
• Proven global Corporate Actions experience gained with an asset or wealth manager.
• Full understanding of the end to end Corporate Action processes for Mandatory and Voluntary events.
• Full understanding of the financial and reputational risks associated with corporate action processing.
• Experience with equities, bonds, funds.
• Understanding of the regulatory environment and its impact of corporate actions, including the impact of
• MiFID II.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility – Adaptability
• Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
• Analytical Skills.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.