Senior Consultant to Manager, Support Engineer, Cyber Risk, Risk Advisory, Reading
Are you an experienced software engineer looking to use your skills in a dynamic and fast moving environment delivering market leading cyber security services to a wide variety of clients?
The cyber security landscape has changed dramatically over the past few years with a record number of incidents and threats being reported.
Attackers are rapidly becoming more sophisticated and threats are originating from all directions; external (syndicated crime, foreign intelligence agencies, and activists); internal (disgruntled employees, unintended disclosures); and supply chain (counterfeit hardware, insecure software, poor coding practices).
Our Cyber Intelligence Centre (CIC) detects cyber threats and helps organisations protect and secure their networks, systems, applications and information through the provision of managed services, including security incident and event monitoring, cyber analytics, threat intelligence and vulnerability management.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
To succeed in this role you will have great technical skills, enjoy problem solving, and enjoy working in a team of like-minded individuals.
Working alongside other engineers and operational analysts, you will configure, maintain, tune and develop our SIEM, analytics platform, Threat Intelligence tools and supporting platforms. Responsibilities
Working alongside other engineers and operational analysts, you will configure, maintain, tune and develop our SIEM, analytics platform, Threat Intelligence tools and supporting platforms.
Your work, your choice
- Provide technical support on all aspects of SIEM technologies from log collection through to correlation and alerting.
- Be responsible for the investigation and delivery of defect resolutions through Engineering into the Production Environment without impacting the live service
- Develop new capability as required to support new and improved services (i.e. on-boarding new data sources)
- Monitor and manage the performance and capacity of the infrastructure.
- Support security engineering requirements for projects, transitions, and transformations.
- Provide out of hours on-call support as part of a rota.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location - London with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work Pattern - Permanent opportunity Your professional experience
- 2-5 years in a technical support or engineering role
- Experience in Linux server administration, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic approach to problem solving and identifying improvements
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Experience in Windows server administration
- Experience in SOC Support
- Experience with HP ArcSight (and qualifications)
- Experience in AWS (EC2, EMR, ECS)
- Experience in Elasticsearch and the ELK stack
- Experience in scripting (Python, Bash, Powershell)
- Experience with complex regular expressions
- Sound Technical knowledge from some or all of the following areas:
- Unix Systems, Hadoop, SQL Database Technologies, Microsoft Systems, Data Networking, Data Analysis, Data Centre / Operational Processes, Vulnerability Scanning solutions
- Ability to gain SC clearance.
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 171945