Senior Consultant, Operations Integration
DESCRIPTION Are you an experienced senior operations professional with a background in system administration, support, or Service Delivery for transactional and customer facing systems? Do you have strong team development and process building skills, technical fluency and strong operations credentials, with 10+ years' experience working within enterprise production IT environments?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring an Operations Integration leader to help our Global Financial Services customers plan, build and mature their ability to run Production Ready environments on AWS.
An Operations Integration (OI) consultant assists customers in creating the ongoing run function for their cloud environment. They help to define operating models as a means for delivering live production workloads, deliver solutions through technologies such as AWS Service Catalog, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Systems Manager, and other Management Tools, as well as their integration with third-party products.
The OI consultant works with the customers operations, change and service management teams to identify the operational service outcomes (ITSM, Capacity Management, Resilience, etc.) expected. Working closely with migration teams, who would need to deliver these outcomes, for the new AWS environment to be considered Production ready, and crucially, be able to support more migrations and future applications as the new Business as Usual.
Established Operational Leadership As Senior Consultant you will be involved in complex projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams. You will work with customers and partners to deliver expert guidance, reusable artefacts and become a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders.
We are looking for
• Passionate operations advocates of Cloud technologies looking to work on strategic, enterprise level customer AWS projects
• Senior individuals that have run operations teams, worked on company transformations and managed critical systems, who are looking to use their own experience to benefit some of the world's biggest financial institutions
• Service Delivery Managers and Consultants wanting to update their skillsets for the Public Cloud
• ITIL and ITSM subject matter experts wanting to work on the largest and most prestigious AWS projects
• Cloud Transformation leaders wanting to go deep on cloud Operating Models, operations capabilities and experience significant cloud migration projects
Responsibilities and Abilities
• Expertise - Collaborate with other specialist consultants, account and sales teams, Engagement Managers, and training and support teams to help customers and partners build operational capability and processes
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site Professional Services engagements with partners and customers
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site, semi-remote or remote projects to plan, build and mature AWS operations capabilities
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps
• Partnering - Work with new vendors to help them become MSPs and enable and upskill existing partners
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Clear track record of communicating with senior IT leaders
• Understanding of enterprise IT operational capabilities - examples include Change, Incident Management, infrastructure management or applications management
• Track record of hands on delivery of processes, procedures or technical solutions
• Understanding of modern application delivery methods and how to transition operations from traditional approaches to supporting product lead teams
• Understanding of a public cloud platform from an operations perspective, experience of running transactional systems at scale, managing multi-service complex environments
• Experience of leading teams with a mix of technical and operational roles
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to work in English, plus local national language if different from English
• Ability to travel to client locations across EMEA and worldwide to deliver professional services as needed
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS An ideal candidate can lead discussions on areas such as:
• How cloud operations and infrastructure teams function, their core responsibilities and interfaces
• The change in responsibility and accountability that comes with making the most of cloud transformation program
• How to transition ITIL processes from on premise to Public Cloud
• How to use and implement AWS best practice (such as Shared Responsibility, Well Architected and other internal models) across multiple teams
• How to translate theoretical models into customer needs without overlooking nuance such as institutional memory and culture
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the business, product, and technical challenges of operating enterprise production environments
• Familiarity with Application Delivery frameworks and approaches
• Familiarity with Organisational Change Management frameworks and approaches
• Responsible for transactional, financial or ecommerce platforms with a externally facing environment
• Infrastructure delivery knowledge, skills and experience
• Experienced with the use of automation in the context of IT operations
• Experience working with or for IT Managed Service providers
• Knowledge and understanding of key operational health technologies
• One or more certifications with an emphasis on public cloud
• Experience of leading transitional projects
Explore all AWS Professional Services roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-hubs/aws-professional-services
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.