Senior Consultant, OT Private Sector - Programme Leadership (Telco, Media and Technology), London based
Be at the heart of delivering the transformations which are reshaping the telco, media and technology industries across Europe. Our teams are driving the most business critical programmes across the biggest players in the industry, transforming them into digital players, creating new growth opportunities and consolidating acquisitions.
We're looking for project and change managers who want to bring their skills, passion and energy to these exciting programmes and build a career in the world's leading Consulting Firm
Our TMT Senior Consultants work as part of larger programme and change delivery teams to help the most important Telecoms, Media and Technology companies shape and deliver complex projects and programmes. These programmes cover a wide range of areas, including technology implementation, digital transformation, implementation of new operating models and organizational structure, cost reduction and mergers and acquisitions
Working as a key team member, your role will involve
- project delivery of workstreams
- leading PMOs
- carrying out project and programme assurance reviews
- providing reporting, forecasting and tracking information
- creating and monitoring the delivery of plans
- bringing your own insight and experience to challenge and accelerate the work of the client and Deloitte project colleagues
Outside of your client work, you will also have opportunities to contribute to creating bids for new work; participating in various groups and communities of interest; and creating new insight and propositions. This is where you cover what the role involves, starting with a general overview.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London, with frequent domestic and occasional international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
We're keen to hear from you if you have;
- A naturally curious mind, keen to challenge and test assumptions to achieve on-time delivery and outcomes
- Outstanding experience of managing and delivering projects which have a real impact, either within industry, or for a consulting firm.
- A passion and understanding of how to deliver projects using agile, waterfall and hybrid techniques
- A project execution approach which has people and change at its heart
- Experience of assisting with the design and development of a programme or project initiative
- Development of project and programme plans across multiple work streams and management of critical paths
- Experience of having effectively managed cross-functional dependencies in a project and driving towards real, measurable outcomes
- Experience of mentoring and managing others in a project team
- Progress reporting and risk management
- Preparation of programme financial reports as part of a PMO
- Experience of managing client relationships, including previous consulting experience;
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
SLCONS BAHUCC WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166148