Senior Consultant, FS Technology - Strategic Testing
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Senior Consultant, FS Technology - Strategic Testing
As a Senior Consultant in our FS Technology Strategic Testing team you will be playing a key role in being the delivery engine for Technology teams by leading the test delivery. Alongside some of the best talent around, you will personally visit high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor. Do you have what it takes to develop into a market leading expert in this fast evolving and exciting area?
This role offers the opportunity to design, recommend and implement technology aligned performance improvement solutions for the full spectrum of products and functions within the Financial Services across a diverse range client assignments including:
- Define and lead the E2E programme test management for technology change programmes
- Provide test assurance and internal quality reviews
- Assessment and enhancement of quality gates and risk framework
- Large scale project and programme management
Your key responsibilities
As a core member of the team you will be:
- Liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partner
- Delivery on a client assignment and developing long-term trusted advisor relationships
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business
- Aiding proposals and bid teams
- Participating in on-site EY delivery teams
- Liaising with service line teams, functional specialists and Area Partners
- A high level of drive and commitment to delivering high quality work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Being a supportive team player who actively develops relationships and is eager to share knowledge with EY colleagues and our clients
- A structured approach to problem solving
- The ability to learn new subject matter rapidly and a desire to develop a deep understanding the trends and challenges shaping Technology
- Flexibility in approach, willingness to adapt quickly and initiative when working in unstructured environments with limited supervision
To qualify for the role you must have
- Successful track record in Test Management gained through a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial services consultancy, a top tier bank, insurer and/or a capital markets infrastructure firm (e.g. exchange, clearing house)
- Experience of defining/reviewing testing artefacts i.e. Test Strategy and Test Plan
- Good appreciation of current trends in Technology
- Experience delivering at various stages of the project lifecycle, knowledge of Project Management, Business Analysis and/or SDLC
- Experience of working in the multi-vendor project environment and with offshore teams
- Industry recognised business, finance, IT or project management qualifications such as ISTQB, PMP, PRINCE 2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma.
- Awareness of emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies such as MiFiDII, FRTB, Stress testing, BCBS239 etc.
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you've got big ideas, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.