Senior Compliance Manager for a Retail Bank offering flexible working and home working ongoing. The Bank has offices in London and Kent that you will need to visit for meetings.
Senior Compliance Manager for a Retail Bank within Consumer products offering flexible working and home working ongoing. The Bank has offices in London and Kent that you will need to visit for meetings.
Working closely with business unit executive and senior managers, this role will arrange for compliance guidance to be provided on all aspects of the Bank's business, in relation to its regulatory requirements as well as assist all areas of the Bank's business in implementing changes to their activities to comply with regulatory requirements:
- Working closely and act as a key contact for the allocated business area to ensure EU and UK regulatory matters, their impacts, including forthcoming regulatory changes, and their potential impact on the Bank's business delivers a positive compliance culture
- Leading and managing compliance related aspects of strategic and cross-functional projects and initiatives, developing and implementing plans that ensure the business is provided with concise guidance to meet its regulatory obligations.
- Mentor/SME for Compliance Advisory team and broader Risk Office
- Ensuring that Senior Management Function Holders and Certification staff are effectively influenced to meet their regulatory obligations in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring the provision of commercially focussed and practical advice and challenge, on the application and implementation of regulatory requirements on all aspects of the business in a timely, efficient and effective manner that supports a robust control environment.
- Providing regulatory analysis of the impact of regulatory changes/requirements on the Bank's business; provide informative and timely horizon reports, identify risks and required changes; and assist the business in implement those changes, to enable the business to meet current and future regulatory requirements and mitigate regulatory risks.
- Supporting the Head of Compliance Advisory in producing content for Board and internal committee reporting.
- Conducting risk based forward planning activity to ensure that material regulatory risks facing the business are allocated are identified and managed.
- Proactively review and evaluate allocated business MI, and where necessary investigate trends to establish if focused advisory activity is required.
- Reviewing and evaluate relevant monitoring and audit findings, identifying trends and work collaboratively with the business, Audit and monitoring in delivering effective remedial action arising from findings.
- Line management and/or Mentoring responsibility for other member(s) of the Compliance Advisory team
- Acting as deputy for the Head of Compliance Advisory (as and when requested) in all aspects of the Head of role, engaging with the Board, Executive and external stakeholders where required and contributing to governance committees.
What you bring to the team:
- Retail banking or consumer finance background
- The ability to articulate regulatory risks clearly and succinctly, in writing and verbally, in an appropriate manner to a wide range of stakeholders
- Provide commercially focussed and practical advice on the application and implementation of legal and regulatory requirements on all aspects of the business.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.