Senior Commodity Derivatives Trader
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Oct 17 2017-10-03
We are leaders and innovators in commodity derivatives trading. Our business thrives by connecting proprietary data and advanced technology with rigorous trading execution. Mandara is an independent trading company, with a track record of generating significant returns. Founded in 2009, Mandara trades worldwide markets across global time-zones, through teams in London, Jersey City and Singapore.
This is a unique opportunity to become a part of a rapidly expanding company with a meritocratic, start-up culture. Personal integrity and the unrelenting pursuit of excellence are central to everything we do.
This role offers the ability to earn a highly competitive percentage of your book combined with the ability to invest in the company through an equity scheme which will allow you to move from being an employee to an owner of the business. You, along with other experienced traders who will join the firm, will help to drive the business into new directions.
Mandara is FCA regulated and has appropriate risk management systems in place. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial and innovative approach to trading with a knowledgeable and agile back office to help our senior traders achieve success.
The key to success in this role is:
- Passion for trading
- A relentlessly self-improving and ambitious attitude
- Desire to achieve excellence
Working with the other senior traders, you will be expected to:
- Generate positive and consistent PnL
- Head your own desk, trade independently, with the option of a Mandara-assigned or bringing in your own external junior resource or trading team
- Bring a clear strategic view and understanding of the market you wish to trade, the current market conditions, and the market conditions required to be successful
- Articulate and agree your trading strategies and quickly establish your requirements before joining to allow for the set-up of your trading desk, including technology, broker relationships, exchanges and prime broker accounts
- Use positive PnL generated in your book to increase your trading capital, to allow progressive increases in VAR over time
Skills and Experience
- Ability to evidence consistent PnL generation through proven trading strategies
- 5 years’ trading track record
- Willingness to put your own capital at risk on the book, which will directly affect your VAR
- Willingness to fit within the company and work collaboratively with a diverse range of traders
- Interest in contributing to the strategy of the overall business