Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Bloomberg's mission is to provide the software, applications, and data that underpins the financial markets. In Security Engineering, our mission is to create and maintain the core software components that allow other Bloomberg Engineering teams to build these secure applications. As part of this mission, we are building out a new Cloud Security team in London with a concentrated Cloud focus. As a new team, we will be dedicated to designing and building infrastructure that will help grow Bloomberg's public cloud presence securely. What's in it for you:
This is a great opportunity to get involved in helping set up a new team. As part of the team, you will be engineering services to support common security requirements for all of Bloomberg's applications, such as authentication and secret management, as well as the monitoring tools to detect and remediate out of policy configurations. You will be trusted to produce secure designs, build highly available services, integrate open source solutions and work with the cloud vendors in order to provide a common security platform for all of Bloomberg's engineering teams to use. In addition to building, you will have the opportunity to advise Bloomberg's engineering community on how to securely deploy their public cloud infrastructure and guide future direction in hardening our cloud environments. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Help define the tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor Bloomberg's growing cloud infrastructure
- Build and deploy security infrastructure into public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure) using modern technologies such as Kubernetes and Containers
- Collaborate with your team, the Security Engineering group and Bloomberg's Engineering teams
We'd love to see:
- Experience building systems with a modern programming language; the majority of our stack will be Python and Golang, but if you've been using another language and are open to switching, we still want to talk to you!
- Experience understanding and building secure software or secure cloud infrastructure
- Proven track record with building cloud services
- Experience developing usable security tools in a professional setting or open source.
- Experience with standard methodologies for implementing cloud security
- Experience collaborating with technical architects to deliver on a vision
- Knowledge building and maintaining cloud security management frameworks
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure/GCP security services and tools
- Experience with cloud security management tools, such as Splunk, Dome9
- Familiarity with cryptography techniques, tools and processes
- Cloud or security certifications such as CISSP
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.