Senior Claims Adjuster - Marine & Energy
Skills and Experience:
- Proactively adjust claims within authority levels in accordance with the Claims PACE Principles and Claims Practice and Procedures ensuring and delivering the very highest level of customer service to our policyholders.
- Close and collaborative working with underwriters to help them to develop business and build a portfolio in accordance with their business plan.
- Accountable claim referral point with brokers, internal stakeholders and clients, including face-to-face negotiations.
- Consider and report to management appropriately regarding the claims MI, for example identifying claims trends, providing narratives for movements, driving claims KPI performance.
- Instructing and proactively overseeing lawyers, adjusters and experts from agreed panel, and managing expert spend.
- Act as a referral point and assist in the development of junior members of the team.
- Contribute to claims teams project tasks aligned with the claims team's goals as required through objectives, such as project work.
- Promote the brand through the provision of an excellent and differentiating claims service.
- Experienced claims practitioner with 8 years or more of experience in handling energy and marine claims, ideally in a lead capacity.
- Academic background of degree level or equivalent.
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Have built solid relationships with clients and demonstrate strong client management skills.
- Understanding and application of legal and regulatory issues.
- Excellent use of standard industry and office applications e.g. ECF, Excel, Outlook.