Senior CTY Sales - Precious Metals EMEA – VP/Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
Senior CTY Sales - Precious Metals EMEA – VP/Director
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services.
MARK/CTY is a JV with GLFI, working also very closely with CORI/COV/ENE and CORI/COR (M&A activities) to provide a complete offering in the commodities space.
• Helps Corporates, banks, central banks throughout the world to achieve successful management and control of their commodity price exposure through the use of appropriate hedging strategies
• Provides solutions to all type of investors: Execution and market making flow for funds on spot, futures, forwards and commodity indexes designing and trading capacity
• Covers commodity marketing & trading on most of commodities underlyings: oil & refined products, natural gas and power, base & precious metals, agricultural commodities and emissions.
• Leverages on the Energy and Natural resources Group which offers financing, advisory and risk management solutions across natural resources, energy, metals and mining.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The salesperson will be in charge of:
* Precious Metal derivatives marketing (gold, silver, PGMs), EMEA region. Position located in London.
* Clients: Primarily corporates (end-users, producers, intermediates) with a specific focus on the mining houses (producers) and refining segments.
* As the case maybe the salesperson can also be involved with commercial banks, central banks and other financial institutions (HF, asset managers, pension funds, proprietary trading desks, etc).
As such, he/she will:
* have already a strong experience in precious metals physical dealings from extraction to refining
* have an experience in mine financing and financing products available for these segments
* gain extensive intelligence on his/her markets and comprehensive knowledge of the products dealt with,
* contribute to the sales strategy and/or marketing plan,
* assess clients' needs,
* promote adequate GBIS products and push them to clients,
* advise them on potential risk issues,
* handle and follow up all client transactions.
* Promote CTY electronic platform for eligible customers as decided by CTY.
In developing relationships with clients, the salesperson will combine recurring business with a constant search for opportunities. He/She will particularly focus on:
* growing an established client base and originating new business
* cross-selling with other business lines when appropriate (IFD, BHFM)
* developing SG image through innovation
* building tailored financial solutions for clients (especially in countries where local legislation and corporate risk could be an issue).
Other duties include:
* bringing to the desk his experience in precious metals business.
* bringing to other sales some new clients names
* accountability for productive interaction with the client onboarding hub (ensure onboarding hub is in the loop from the start and takes ownership of the onboarding)
Client Coverage Responsibilities (Internal and External Clients including market participants)
Act as lead the lead relationship owner for areas of clients/ products allocated within area of responsibility
Define and implement a business plan to develop SG business
To initiate and develop relationships and execute transactions with these clients.
On-boarding new clients e.g. KYC and legal documentation to allow execution of transactions
Develop long term relationships with clients based on trust and professionalism
Respond to various request from clients related to products, on boarding process, events, documentation e.g. legal and commercial; Analyse, investigate, research, manage and resolve queries received from clients
Build, foster and cultivate client relationships in line with regulatory requirements
Introducing clients to the appropriate business lines to allow SG to become more relevant towards these clients
To generate a recurring stream of revenues with these clients by enhancing new client products suitable for clients needs and / or develop new client prospects
Produce commercial documents e.g. marketing presentations, term sheets, scenario analysis with the support of Marketing and Structuring Teams
Participate in regional/ global business line sales meetings as directed
Provide input in to BL Management Information/ reporting to track progress regionally and globally
Identify and introduce / refer cross-selling opportunities to other MARK business lines
Product Scope Responsibilities
Execution of relevant product transaction on behalf of SG Clients and pricing in line with policies and guidelines applicable. Making sure that all the procedural guidelines e.g. KYC, Mifid, risk controls, product governance are observed
Ensure business solutions for operational issues related to the products sold with IT teams, back-offices, middle-offices
Knowledge Management Responsibilities
Maintain up to date intelligence on market initiatives and client demands
Risk Management Responsibilities
Ensuring compliance with sales procedures and guidelines including Sales Handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
To further improve SG market share and reputation through professionalism, discipline and attention to risks e.g. compliance, market, credit, legal, reputation.
Ensure full adherence to the SG Sales responsibilities including sales handbook and regular training as applicable to the regulatory requirements
Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
This description is intended to outline the main responsibilities for the role and is not an exhaustive list, responsibilities may vary from time to time as directed by your manager.
Level of autonomy and authority
* Compliance with internal procedures
* Medium to high degree of autonomy evolving along time with seniority
* Evolving level of authority depending on acquired seniority
• Investment banking/ financial services industry knowledge and experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in a variety of business lines, management and control functions across the bank.
• Ability to be able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure until completion
• Flexible and Adaptable
• Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
• Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
• Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
• Exemplary professional conduct
• Self- motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
• Capability to prioritize and organize
• Strong senior stakeholder Management Skills
• Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
• Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG).
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.