Senior CASS Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About the Role
The CASS Specialist will cover a variety of tasks including CASS project work, building out the firms CASS controls, provide quality assurance and conduct BAU functions. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Support projects, take responsibility and produce high-level working documents .
- Support Compliance with responses to consultations and implement the necessary changes to CASS pol i cies, procedures, process and systems.
- Support in the delivery of required regulatory changes projects or business initiatives in relation to CASS.
- Understand and challenge the business processes and controls and be able to document them back to the CASS rule book
- Oversight of US based Operations teams performing CASS impacting functions, including reviewing processes and controls, undertaking QA, sample test and/or collate data in a timely fashion to ensure compliance with relevant FCA rulebooks (CASS, COBS, SYSC, etc . ).
- Perfor m du e diligence of client money banks and brokers including onsite visits where necessary.
- Provide Management Information to CASS stakeholders (eg . CF10a, CASS Control and Compliance functions) .
- Contribute to the delivery of timely and accurate reporting to regulators and the firm's board .
- Work with Operational Risk team to identify all Operational Risk considerations in relation to CASS and related functions/processes.
- Attendance at industry conferences/events, networking & roundtables in relation to CASS.
- Other duties as assigned
Market Skills and Certifications Requirements
- Comprehensive & technical knowledge & understanding of CASS rules and application/treatment in relation to CASS 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 10 rule sets .
- A working & detailed knowledge/understanding of CASS rules and application and impact of Banking Exemption .
- Understand i ng of Settlement & Corp Action events in relation to MiFID II eligible products and impact on treatment as Client Money events .
- Previous track record in process improvement with a view to developing/enhancing controls.
- Assertiveness : the candidate will be expected to challenge Operations & Business teams globally to obtain required data and/or information.
- Experience of producing Ml, KPls and reviews i n accordance with SLAs
- Presenting to senior management and stakeholders
- Solid communication/organisational skills - to work with local and remote Operations and Compliance/CASS Control stakeholders .
- Product knowledge of the Broker/Dealer business and Futures, Derivatives/Fixed Income and Equities spaces .
- Good Excel, Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint skills .
- May involve travel to the US
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.