Senior Business Operations Manager
DESCRIPTION At AWS Professional Services, we are building a professional services team to work on global enterprise customer engagements while helping our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Business Operations (BizOps) Manager, with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills to support our Shared Delivery Team (SDT) Leadership.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the operations of a business. Helping ensure that the business can optimize its impact on behalf of customers because it is so operationally sound.
Position will be located in London. Up to 20% travel required.
As a BizOps Manager, you will have the opportunity to help define the goals, methods and practices of the EMEA Shared Delivery team. Your role will include the definition of our operations programs, including business operations support, recruitment and financial operations, and operations metrics trend analysis. This position will be responsible for establishing KPIs and measuring performance of the organization, supplying the management team with relevant and timely data and facts on health of the functions. You must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
The ideal candidate has strong business strategy background, organizational planning experience, broad technical skills, experience managing big projects, strong financial acumen and a passion for analytics and data.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Demonstrate customer obsession and excellent operations management abilities.
• Support the EMEA Shared Delivery team with metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, ad hoc analysis, making recommendations to drive business goals.
• Manage the meeting cadence and governance plan: manage the rhythm of the activities such as weekly reviews with the team, goal setting and tracking mechanisms, as well as other cadenced reporting and metrics.
• Business planning; annual and multi-year. Set up meeting cadence and working meetings to drive business planning for AWS Professional Services. Coordinate the preparation, agenda, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans
• Track and report all key performance indicators and goals. Develop management dashboards in Salesforce and Tableau, regional reports and executive review documents.
• Own reporting across Shared Delivery Areas: forecast resource supply and demand, utilization of consultants, availability, estimated vs. actuals, CSAT score, Delivered Days. Work closely with Resource Management team to align skills and resource requests.
• Act as a single point of contact and continuously ensure consultants update their Resource Planner and submit timecards, compile actions to take and send relevant notifications when needed.
• New hire on-boarding/training; track all new hires ensure high quality onboarding experience. Maintain on-boarding documents and training plans to help all new hires become productive on customer assignments as soon as they've completed their on-boarding.
• Ensure data quality (accuracy, relevancy and consistency) in Salesforce and Tableau reports in order to meet the business goals. Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to identify reporting issues, gaps in processes and drive timely resolution.
• Collaborate with other operations managers on EMEA team and across AWS and Amazon to identify and implement best practices.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 3+ year experience working in Professional Services Operations or Sales Operations.
• Experience with SFDC or other CRM inputting, extracting and analysing data.
• Demonstrated ability to develop business reports that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with views that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, etc.)
• Professional skills in basic planning, accounting, reporting and communications.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross functional teams.
• Experience defining, refining and implementing sales/partner processes, procedures and policies.
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands.
• Experience with Salesforce
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in Tableau.
• Experience in project management and business systems implementation projects.
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Lean Software Development.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.