Senior Business Development Associate Director
Company & Team - "About Us"
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Markit Digital, an IHS Markit company, is hiring a sales specialist for our business development team. You will have the opportunity to work in a professional environment with high profile companies in the finance industry.
We are a small, tight-knit, high-energy group responsible for acquisition of new business and accounts, existing client support, and strategic opportunity development. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
As a member of our Business Development team, you will play a critical role in retaining and expanding our business with some of our most important existing customers.
You will play a critical role in expanding and retaining our existing client base. You will work cross-functionally with your agile feature team counterparts to understand status of initiatives, as well as your peers in technology, finance, and sales to create and execute account growth and retention strategies.
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Drive all aspects of business development including upsell of existing accounts, relationship building, pipeline management, proposal development, high level solutions design, and pricing
- Frequently meets with clients in-person and via presentations, matching Markit Digital solutions to current and future strategic customer challenges
- Ensure that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors including a strong understanding of client need
- Relationship development and cultivation with key customers and prospects
- Assist in the management of the entire sales lifecycle of a deal including liaising with senior salespeople and client support to provide ongoing support and training to existing clients
- Assist in customer retention, ensuring customer satisfaction leading up to contract renewals
- Prepare commercial proposals and contracts
- Negotiate scope, commercial and legal terms in contracts with support
- Maintain account and contract overviews
- Travel up to 1/3 of the time
The perfect candidate is a self-starter, is self-motivated, and demonstrates an understanding of the financial services industry and the vendor/client relationship. We have many long, successful relationships with our customers and this candidate will ensure we maintain and grow those relationships by working across multiple internal groups to provide the solutions, service, and experience to help them grow.
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-7 years equivalent experience, preferably with a FinTech, technology or data environment
- Client-facing experience in an account management, project management or sales role preferred
- Experience in sales or account management for Southern European territory
- Experience building relationships with C-level executives
- Expertise in Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Expertise in analyzing clients' needs and requirements, preferably having consultative sales experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to senior stakeholders preferable
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Familiarity with contract and invoicing processes, from the client perspective
- Consultative, problem-solving approach to sales/business development, relationships, and solutioning
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, fluent in Portuguese
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.