Senior Business Auditor
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
- Permanent, Full time
- VTB Capital
- 18 Sep 18
VTB Capital’s goal is to be Russia’s Investment Banking powerhouse. Our mission is to exceed client expectations by providing first class financial services. The UK & International Audit (UKIA) Function is an independent and objective assurance function. Using a risk-based internal audit methodology, UKIA evaluates the effectiveness of our internal controls, risk management and governance processes, makes recommendations to Management to ensure that the firm’s operations are effectively controlled and monitors the implementation of these measures.
This role is a key part of the overall operational business audit capability for UKIA at VTB Capital. This role plays a critical part in driving the execution of all audit activities and consequently strong project management and client relationship skills are required. In addition, the incumbent requires relevant Investment Banking audit experience and sound product knowledge as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Given both the project and client relationship management responsibilities of this role it must be filled by an individual both of suitable experience and of significant development potential. This must be the case for the incumbent to have an immediate positive impact on the Firm’s overall control environment both individually and when working in tandem with other members of the UKIA team.
The individual reports directly to the Head of UKIA and is expected to be able to lead internal audits with limited day-to-day supervision. The position holder is expected to be a senior individual who will be hands on with respect to all aspects of audit execution with strong analytical, auditing and relationship management skills.
List of responsibilities include the following:
- To participate in and execute ongoing risk assessment and business monitoring activities as required to maintain UKIA’s ongoing view of the firm’s overall risk profile in order to facilitate planning and dynamic internal audit resource deployment.
- To deliver business audits of strategic impact from planning through execution to reporting in a manner which is comprehensive and clear while ensuring management actions in response to issues identified are appropriate and timely.
- To conduct tracking and associated evidencing of issues raised to ensure implementation of recommendations has a real and positive impact on the control environment.
- To conduct special investigative work as necessary where mandated by Executive Management or external stakeholders under the direction of the Head of UKIA.
- To assist the Head of UKIA in maintaining the function's risk and control themes register and managing the overall internal audit planning and audit resource allocation process.
- To assist with the maintenance of the audit action plan tracking database and coordinate the monthly audit action plan updates with auditors and produce the relevant reporting required by various governance forums and control functions relating to the status of outstanding action plans.
- To deputise for the Head of UKIA at relevant governance forums within VTB Capital Plc and International, as required.
- To assist the Head of UKIA in the production of various Management Information reports and presentation packs to the Audit Committee and other Governance Forums.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- An internal auditor with wide experience of risk assessment and audit best practice who has sound product knowledge and preferably has operated within a complex financial institution such as an investment bank.
- An individual who thrives on having strategic control impact at a business level and while independent works in partnership with business line management.
- Deep and sound knowledge of Banking business and internal control / governance / risk management processes requiring understanding and applying related concepts and principles.
- Degree educated and usually holding at least one additional relevant professional designation.