Senior Business Analyst (Process and Frameworks) - 12 Months FTC
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Role Overview:
Responsible for detailed-level assessment and design of operating model to support M&G's growth ambition. The role works closely with Design Leads through feasibility assessment and then takes responsibility for the detailed level design and successful implementation of the target operating model. Responsibilities.
Skills / competencies
- Owns the end-to-end Operational Model analysis and impact to support the mandate/fund and responsibility for complex transition events. Ensures that scalability, operational risk and regulatory compliance are considered in the definition of the support model for any new mandate/fund launch
- Responsible for ensuring that the Fund Manager's requirements for running the mandate are captured, understood by the implementation team and are in an implementation plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the client's requirements are properly understood and incorporated in the target operating model
- Facilitates and supports set-up of complex configuration and requirements gather e.g. legal and compliance requirements as well as operational set-up across other areas of the business. Responsibility for ensuring appropriate handover of new processes or operating model to Operations teams for complex transition events. Responsibility for Client / Third Party interaction around onboarding activities for complex transition events
- Responsibility for ensuring appropriate level of engagement with Operations senior management covering status updates, capacity constraints, decisions on operating model changes.
- Maintains template library and up-to-date proformas, template, playbooks and blueprints, and works with wider team to keep track of new processes and codify these in the proformas / blueprints / playbooks
- Develops specialist knowledge and experience of complex product management events
Experience / Qualifications
- Proactive and delivery focused with excellent communication skills and organised approach to completing activities and deliverables
- Able to confidently present ideas in order to inform and influence leadership decisions
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit information from key stakeholders internally and externally
- Proven and demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think laterally and generate creative solutions.
- End-to-end understanding of the asset management operating model, and knowledge of the products and instrument types, and clients managed
- Strong understanding of asset classes i.e. equities (public and private), fixed income (public and private), derivatives (ETDs and OTDs) and money markets
- Understanding of practical implications of introducing ESG considerations to investment mandates.
- Specialist knowledge of complex transition management events (e.g. complex markets, transitions, investment solutions) desirable
- Specialist knowledge of technical operational processes desirable
- Experience of developing working relationships and maintaining credibility with internal senior stakeholders
- IMC / CFA / or professionally recognised qualifications are desirable
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things