Senior Business Analyst - Responsible Investing
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Responsible Investing (RI) team are subject matter experts on environmental and social issues and work in tandem with our Governance team to support Analysts and Portfolio Managers in integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into the investment process.
The Responsible Investing Business Analyst will support the RI team in delivering a best-in-class RI program across T. Rowe Price. The Business Analyst will support a range of work across the RI team to include assisting in the management of exclusion lists, tracking of ESG engagements, contributing to regulatory and investment-related projects, and helping the RI team with ad hoc quantitative requests. Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintenance of the exclusion lists managed by the RI team in line with our Responsible and Impact Exclusion List policies. This will include:Monitoring vendor screens and other NGO sources in order to update our exclusion lists as trends evolve
Liaising with Investment Compliance to ensure timely implementation of required changes
Running analysis on exclusion categories ahead of product development and/or new account onboarding
- Monitoring and tracking of ESG Engagements as recorded by the RI and Governance teams, in order to produce engagement statistics required for reporting
- Assisting the Director of Research, RI and the RI Business Manager in quantitative work related to ESG Regulatory or Investment projects
- Conducting quantitative analysis that helps the RI team respond to requests from investment professionals
- A minimum requirement of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution and a proven track record of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets with demonstrable passion for socially responsible investing, community and economic development and/or sustainability.
- Strong coding skills
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to self-direct and set individual priorities while also working in a team setting.
- Possess a high energy level and drive to succeed coupled with the poise and temperament necessary to work effectively in a team environment.
- Preference for candidates possessing, or working toward, an MBA and/or CFA.
- Preference for candidates with experience with ESG/market data services preferred (Bloomberg, Sustainalytics, MSCI ESG etc.)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.