Senior Business Analyst/Product Manager Associate Director
OSTTRA is a joint venture owned 50/50 by CME Group and IHS Markit. It is the home of MarkitServ, Traiana, TriOptima & Reset.
The MarkitServ processing business provides electronic legal confirmation services for Rates, Credit, FX, and Equities OTC derivatives. The services enable financial institutions to streamline workflow and trade life-cycle events, connect to counterparties more effectively and comply with regulatory requirements.
MarkitSERV provides a single gateway for OTC derivatives trade processing. By integrating trade confirmation, reporting, routing to clearing, allocations and portfolio reconciliation, MarkitSERV provides an end-to-end solution for post-trade transaction management. MarkitSERV also connects dealers and buy-side institutions to central clearing counterparties, trade repositories, and electronic swap markets. Your role
MarkitSERV has a requirement for a Business Analyst to support the MarkitWire platform suite for Rates and Credit asset classes with a focus on our clearing and regulatory reporting services.
MarkitSERV has an extensive roadmap of priorities critical to the success of the business.
The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational / coordination skills, and strong analytical skills. The successful candidate will be process-oriented and have a good understanding of product development lifecycle. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to adapt to changes.
The candidate will work closely with other Business Analysts and Product Managers in MarkitServ to deliver project change.
The candidate will be expected to work with teams in India, Singapore, Tokyo, New York and London and build relationships internally as well as externally with clients, clearing houses, venues and trade repositories.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Experience of requirements elicitation, structured analysis and stakeholder management
- Able to undertake gap analysis and express in the form of user stories and communicate to Development and QA teams
- Collaborate with Development and Quality Assurance to ensure implementation meets business requirements
- Product Acceptance testing of new features during the development phase & review of test cases
- Able to identify options for potential solutions, including assessment of technical and business suitability
- Able to conduct public presentation of concepts and ideas comfortably
- Rates and/or Credit Derivatives knowledge including clearing and regulatory reporting workflows would be highly desirable
- Experience working as a Product owner in an agile scrum team and a keen interest in new technology would be beneficial
- Understanding of XML/FpML or other messaging formats or protocols would be beneficial
- Experience of communicating UX requirements for Graphical User Interfaces through wire framing would be beneficial
Requirements and skills:
- Post graduate - Bachelor's or Master's Degree preferred
- Degree in related subject
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- An understanding of financial derivatives terms and principals
- Prior Financial Services IT experience
- Strong Analytical & Communication skills
- Good Knowledge of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, requirement documentation, stakeholder management, use case definition and other Business Analysis techniques
- Exposure to SQL, Object-oriented languages (general technology know-how), XML/FpML
- Familiarity with OTC derivatives clearing and regulatory reporting
- Commercial awareness and financial services experience
- Qualifications in Business Analysis / Product Management related subjects
- Microsoft Office / Visio skills
- Demonstrate experience in working in a product management environment and an organizational setting
- Proven experience in project leadership and decision making
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.