About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
About the Role
The Senior Business Analyst will be part of the Investment Services and Technology group (InvesTech). InvesTech brings technology and operations together to deliver better, more efficient outcomes for our clients and business partners. InvesTech is comprised of the Infrastructure Design, InvesTech Operations, Investment Implementation and Technology teams.
The Senior Business Analyst role is an integral role in the Client Deliverables team. The team is responsible for the automation of materials used to sell our investment services to prospects and service our current clients. Automation projects include data automation, content rationalization, process re-engineering, and technical buildouts of the materials. Types of materials include presentations, factsheets, client reports, Investment profiles. The Senior Business Analyst role analyzes existing client and prospect materials and makes recommendations for the new creation of the new materials including identifying opportunities for standardization and efficiencies. The role interacts heavily with other functions within the firm to facilitate the changes (IT, Product Management, Client Group, Compliance). Additional responsibilities include oversight of testing and training end users on the new technology platform and new processes. Given the size and scope of the work the Client Deliverables team is focused on, additional projects and responsibilities will be added as required.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the organization (IPFS, Client Group, Investment Reporting, Compliance) to understand and document the business requirements for materials
- Collaborate with IT to architect solutions that are scalable and will support changing needs over the next 5 to 10 years
- Document business requirements for IT to use for their build out of technical solutions
- Conduct testing and provide feedback prior to releases, to make transitions as smooth as possible
- Establish proper documentation and training for users. Provide support to new users during implementation
- Establish project plans and collaborate with IT resources to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to the projects and realistic plans and deadlines are established
- Provide on-going updates and communication to all stakeholders providing maximum transparency on project progress and any delays
- Conduct business impact analysis to assist with project prioritization
- Collaborate with all members of the team to ensure that interdependencies are understood and conveyed
- Identify areas for process improvement as new technology is employed firm wide
- Identify areas where technology and automation can improve efficiency
- Ensuring projects are prioritized to ensure resources are used for the greatest benefit
- Strong academic credentials with 4-8 years of professional experience in the financial services industry, client reporting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial data and terms
- Working knowledge of compliance and GIPs rules
- Extensive experience with client and prospects' needs
- Ability to establish how information should best be presented to exceed client expectations and effectively market WMC investment services
- Experience applying technology solutions to solve business needs, experience documenting and implementing business requirements
- Experience creating and monitoring project plans
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, think creatively, promote solutions, and communicate risks and benefits in business terms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to be a team player
- High level of professionalism and maturity
- Ability to cultivate relationships with internal departments
- Independent and motivated self-starter able to work on multiple assignments in fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMWTalentOperations@wellington.com .