Senior Business Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit UK
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
London - Ropemaker Place
MarkitSERV provides a single gateway for OTC derivatives trade processing. By integrating trade confirmation, reporting, routing to clearing, allocations and portfolio reconciliation, MarkitSERV provides an end-to-end solution for post-trade transaction management of credit, interest rate, equity and foreign exchange derivatives. MarkitSERV also connects dealers and buy-side institutions to central clearing counterparties, trade repositories, and electronic swap markets.
MarkitSERV is the Derivatives Trade Processing division of Markit. MarkitSERV is a global business with staff across North America, Europe and Asia. Business Analysts within the MarkitSERV Product Design team are deployed across various projects within the firm. They are expected to bring experience in the Business Analysis discipline in delivering against the project lifecycle. The department is a critical functional area as part of the technology organisation, closely partnering with business orientated functions in delivering mission critical projects for the firm.
MarkitSERV has a requirement for a Product Analysis & Design Associate Director to support its Trade Processing business. MarkitSERV has an extensive roadmap of priorities critical to the success of the business. Although analysts are expected to work across asset classes, experience of interest rate, credit or equity derivative markets and regulatory reporting for these asset classes would be highly desirable.
The role requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisational / coordination skills, strong analysis skills, and strong inter-personal skills. The successful candidate will be process oriented and have a thorough understanding of product development lifecycle.
Prior experience of delivering large system projects and system changes (BAU) and exposure to multiple software development delivery methodologies is a distinctive plus. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast paced environment and be flexible to adapt to changes. The candidate should also be able and willing to interact with external users of our systems.
The candidate will work closely with other Business Analysts and Product Designers in the Trade Processing business to design and deliver projects. The candidate will also be expected to work closely with the multiple teams across the globe, to deliver projects and system changes.
Education and experience
- Graduate – Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior Financial Services IT experience
- Strong working knowledge of requirements elicitation, structured analysis, stakeholder management,
- use case definition and other Business Analysis techniques.
- OTC Derivatives knowledge; interest rates, credit or equities as well as clearing knowledge would be
- strongly desirable.
- Experience of Regulatory Reporting across multiple regimes for OTC derivatives would be strongly
- Prior experience with the MarkitWire platform or DSMatch would be desirable.
- Understanding of XML/DTD and FpmL would be beneficial.
- Experience in the financial markets and regulatory reporting regimes.
- An understanding of financial derivatives terms and principals is required for the role.
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders.
- No management experience needed, although we would be looking for candidates that with time can take on more responsibility.
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Highly focused on the ‘big picture’ in terms of continuous improvement
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills are required
- Strong cultural awareness is required
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, enthusiasm, drive and stamina
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required in order to be successful in the role
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels with clients, internal partners and senior
- management, both verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to lead conference calls with both internal and external participants
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.