Senior Benefits Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Using discretion and judgment, reviews, develops, implements, and maintains benefits and related human resource systems and processes with an emphasis on International benefits development, administration and reporting.
1. Reviews MFS’ non US benefit programs on an ongoing basis; researches, proposes and implements cost-effective changes. Oversees plan renewal activity as completed by Regional HR Business Partners and directly conducts renewals in all other locations. Ensures all plans are cost effective and in alignment with our global philosophy. Develops and implements employee benefits communication strategy.
2. Develops and implements new plans as needed. Evaluates benefit requirements in new countries, and develops appropriate recommendations. Co-ordinates with all internal and external resources to complete plan design and implementation.
3. Ensures all benefits related policies are current and updated. Develops and proposes new policies and updates as required, and participates in global policy development and implementation.
4. Manages plans; oversees the enrollment of employees and resolution of questions and concerns related to claims; manages processing and servicing of benefits. With Regional Business Partners, coordinates the documentation of leaves of absence. Ensures maintenance of related records, completion of required reports and forms and compliance with applicable regulations and laws. Provides input and guidance to regional HR as required.
5. Coordinates benefits activities with local regional HR business partners where applicable. Reviews proposals for local projects and provides direction and guidance. Ensures all benefits align with the global benefits philosophy.
6. Prioritizes initiatives and envelops the non US benefits project plan each calendar year in conjunction with Benefits Manager.
7. Acts as key liaison with vendors, consultants and brokers.
8. Develops communication for benefits programs and responds to employee benefit inquiries.
9. Works with Benefits Team, A/P, and payroll to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices. Ensures accuracy of benefits data in the HRIS. Follows up with Regional HRBPs as necessary to ensure compliance.
10. Performs additional duties as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
2. Several related experience in benefits administration. Demonstrated understanding of local regulations across multiple geographies impacting employee benefits.
3. Working knowledge of MS Windows based applications and knowledge of Workday.
4. Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal and presentation skills.
5. Attention to detail and ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
6. Ability to work independently and interact effectively with employees at all organizational levels.