Senior Auditor, NatWest Markets Financing & Risk Solutions
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets Internal Audit in London as a Senior Auditor to our Financing & Risk Solutions business
- This Senior Auditor role in the NatWest Markets Internal Audit team will see you play a significant part in providing independent assurance
- You'll be part of the audit team for the customer facing Financing & Risk Solutions business, undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle
- You'll make a tangible difference to the bank's future, while gaining invaluable experience in a large and complex organisation, working alongside well-respected industry figures
What you'll do
This important role will place you at the heart of the bank's third line of defence, providing independent, objective testing and assurance. You'll work with the Audit Managers and Senior Audit Managers and business stakeholders to help scope audits, developing your understanding of the business's key risks and controls and helping the Team Lead formulate an appropriate and robust testing plan, before its execution.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
- Assessing risks and controls and undertaking effective testing
- Delivering sometimes complex audits tasks on time and to budget, and to an excellent standard
- Producing high quality written work products which detail the outcome of testing, including any issues identified
- Occasionally leading engagements, driving the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping
- Efficiently delivering allocated responsibilities on the engagement and other tasks allocated
The skills you'll need
We're looking for internal audit experience or an experienced in risk manager in an investment bank or similar financial institution. You'll need to be able to demonstrate how you've successfully contributed to team success in delivering complex projects - audit or otherwise - while keeping a firm hand on key milestones and quality.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Sound understanding of investment banking
- The ability to manage your own workload to ensure the delivery of high quality work, on time, within scope and resource budget
- The ability to effectively coach auditors when requested, supporting them to realise their potential on the engagement
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
While it may not be essential, knowledge of Financing & Risk Solutions' core processes and product offerings - including origination, structuring and syndication - would be an advantage.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.