- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Corporate Audit
Here in our London Office we are looking for a Senior Auditor to join the Technology Audit team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the qualifying candidate to join an established audit team consisting of auditors with the diverse spectrum of experience and skill set. This role provides exposure to a diverse range of topics across various lines of business and product classes and an opportunity to work with a broad spectrum of audit internal and external stakeholders.
Corporate Audit is an independent function that reports to the Audit Committee of the Bank of America Corporation providing independent assessment and validation of the effectiveness of key processes, controls and risk management models across the Company.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in London. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a your main responsibilities will involve:
Help plan and execute audits with more senior member of the team. The audits will cover a wide range of:
- Applications (trading platforms, payments systems, risk management systems)
- Databases (Oracle, DB2, Sybase)
- Technologies (e.g. Networks, Data Centres, Mainframe, Midrange, Windows and UNIX o/s, Databases etc.)
- Business Units (e.g. FICC, Equities, Wholesale banking, Finance, Control function, Risk)
- Business Processes (e.g. trading, operations, risk management)
As a your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Working knowledge of technologies, functions and processes as described in Responsibilities section
- Knowledge of investment banking technologies with a reasonable knowledge of financial banking products acquired within the large global investment bank or similar organisation an advantage
- Experience in working as an IT Auditor on Integrated audits with Business Audit teams
- Critical thinker that can look broadly across the enterprise and connect business and technology risks
- Works well in ambiguous situations and can make clear decisions in those situations
- Solid business presence with good written and verbal communication skills that can be used to influence leadership across the company
- Proactive and excellent team player
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; good attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities; able to develop and convey a point of view
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude. Able to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines. Individual with desire to learn and teach others, high energy, positive attitude
- Creative thinker who can map out creative solutions and lead their implementation
- Excellent organizational skills with dedication to superior service
- PC proficiency, including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software applications
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and values congruent with those of the organization.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.