- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Corporate Audit
Here in our London Office the EMEA Corporate Audit team is looking to fill a Senior Auditor (AVP) vacancy to strengthen the anticipatory risk coverage within the Enterprise Support Functions in the region. Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager, the role provides support with the execution of the anticipatory audit plan including full scope audits and narrowly scoped assessments.
This is an opportunity for the qualifying candidate to join an established audit team consisting of auditors with a diverse spectrum of experience and skill set. This role provides exposure to a wide range of topics across various lines of business and asset classes and an opportunity to work with a broad spectrum of audit internal and external stakeholders. The role also provides contribution to the maintenance of the solid risk culture in the region.
The EMEA Corporate Audit team provides interconnectivity within the global audit team including mentoring program, skill exchanges and other activities to support career and personal development of teammates. The team is also actively engaged in local communities and has a social committee.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch offers a number of outstanding career opportunities designed to attract and retain all skill levels - a chance for both personal and professional development as well as a salary and benefit package designed to reflect the individual's contribution.
As a Senior Auditor your main responsibilities will involve:
- Initially, participation and support in the execution of the anticipatory risk audit assignments providing assurance to senior management over the effectiveness of the controls environment in the region.
- After successfully settling within the team and understanding the audit methodology and the operating environment the candidate will start leading audits
- Critical assessment of controls, processes and procedures within the scope of audit reviews and holistic evaluation of associated inherent risks, the control environment and residual risks
- Assistance with the coordination of the anticipatory risk audit plan with subject matter experts within Corporate Audit
As a Senior Auditor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Good understanding of financial services products and processes
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with Corporate Audit and business stakeholders
- Good understanding of internal audit processes and methodology requirements
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Attention to detail
- Appreciation of the financial services industry acumen
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines
- Ability to process information and change focus quickly in line with the ad-hoc nature of anticipatory risk assignments
- Excellent team player skills and ability to work in the multicultural environment
- Proactive / critical thinking and willingness to learn
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.