Senior Audit Manager, Finance
- conduct reviews and audits of Group Finance and related business areas, provide practical, innovative and value-added solutions to issues identified
- analyze and assess risks (financial and regulatory reporting) and barriers to delivery (e.g. supervision, data infrastructure, outsourcing), assumed by Group Finance and support functions
- identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks
- prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management, monitor the results, risk profile and developments within Group Finance audit units and provide input for planning sessions
- cooperate effectively with our audit teams across the globe and when in charge of an audit, sustainably manage auditors and diligently support audit mandate lead
Your team :
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit team. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
Your experience and skills :
- a university degree
- strong experience in audit, compliance or internal risk management areas within the financial industry. This experience could have been gained at an accounting firm or in an internal audit function, and ideally involve a good knowledge of financial accounting standards (e.g. IFRS) and regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. capital adequacy, liquidity)
- strong analytical skills and willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods
- a detailed understanding of banking operations and regulations as well a quantitative approach to problem solving.
- reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
- risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and investment products
- a flexible and committed team player willing to travel to other UBS locations for audit assignments
- curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.